Aristrocrat

Anthonyjoseph89

I ordered a 48+ recently, should arrive in the next week or so. I'm curious about the accuracy of the humidification system using distilled water. Any suggestions, do's or do nots' ? Hello old friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine works perfectly. I have the M+ which has two humidification units in the bottom. It maintains 63% rh round the clock at the built in electronic hygrometer at the top of teh unit and around 66% on the bottom.

Definitely measure/calibrate the system. Mine was off a couple % initially.

Definitely measure/calibrate the system. Mine was off a couple % initially.

How where you able to calibrate with a larger system? Keep in mind I have not physically seen the system to have a full understanding of how it works.

How where you able to calibrate with a larger system? Keep in mind I have not physically seen the system to have a full understanding of how it works.

What subiemech said^^^^^

Mind you the RH was actually bit higher toward the bottom of the box so some KL and Oust fans pretty much evened it all out. This in the M Plus 25D model.

What subiemech said^^^^^

Mind you the RH was actually bit higher toward the bottom of the box so some KL and Oust fans pretty much evened it all out. This in the M Plus 25D model.

So you need to add fans to a $6k+ humidor?

Sorry, but that would be absolutely unacceptable to me.

So you need to add fans to a $6k+ humidor?

Sorry, but that would be absolutely unacceptable to me.

No...

Bob includes fans in the build for re circulation. If you want more he adds them at no extra cost.

• Like 1

No...

Bob includes fans in the build for re circulation. If you want more he adds them at no extra cost.

This is correct.

I have two systems from Bob, 1 large cabinet and one smaller cabinet. They are worth every penny imo, all i have to do is add water every 3 or 4 months...

• Like 1

I've had my temperature and humidity controlled Staebell custom cabinet for almost eight years. I add water when the tanks get low, replace the wicks when they get funky....and that's it. They are beautiful, well designed, functional cabinets and I'd buy mine again, tomorrow....except bigger....ok.gif

• Like 3

No...

Now THAT is definitely acceptable then :):2thumbs:

• Like 1

Just actually spoke with Bob today..Fantastic guy. He spent a while going over options to meet my specifications. Looking into getting the MXT Armoire 26.5 in black lacquer.

I don't know of any one else out there that is as reputable as Bob comes...this is what made my decision.

• Like 3

I've had my temperature and humidity controlled Staebell custom cabinet for almost eight years. I add water when the tanks get low, replace the wicks when they get funky....and that's it. They are beautiful, well designed, functional cabinets and I'd buy mine again, tomorrow....except bigger....ok.gif

Yep. Mine isn't temp controlled because my house is centrally cooled/heated, but these are worth every penny. Take everyone's advice, including mine, and order one bigger than you think you'll need.

Edited to add, after seeing your post about ordering the armoire size, I think that one will be large enough. clap.gif

Yep. Mine isn't temp controlled because my house is centrally cooled/heated, but these are worth every penny. Take everyone's advice, including mine, and order one bigger than you think you'll need.

Edited to add, after seeing your post about ordering the armoire size, I think that one will be large enough. clap.gif

The home we owned when I ordered the cabinet didn't have central air, so I got a cooled cabinet to get me through the summer months. Our new home has central air and is so well insulated, I haven't heard the pelts run since we moved in.

• Like 1