Poltergeist: the remake's first trailer

MIKA27

Poltergeist: the remake's first trailer

It's here: the first trailer for the Poltergeist remake.

Whether you think Poltergeist really needed a remake or not, director Gil Keenan's forthcoming film has a great cast, including Sam Rockwell standing in for Craig T Nelson and Jared Harris replacing, well, Zelda Rubinstein, perhaps?
As you can see from the first trailer, it's quite classy looking, too, reprising both the original premise - a haunting in a peaceful average American suburb - and some of its jump scares. There are creepy clowns, things hiding in closets and ghosts in the telly. It being 2015, the TV's an enormous flatscreen thing, obviously.
Personally, I love horror so will watch this no doubt but the original is not just a classic but in all honesty, it still is to this day IMO perfect.

My ex's 16 yr old daughter could watch modern creeper thrillers all day long but she could not take watching the original. Totally freaked her out but she kept coming back until the sequel with the tequila worm scene and she could not finish watching after that. This looks like it could easily build from the original to really scare the crap out of people. Cant wait

My ex's 16 yr old daughter could watch modern creeper thrillers all day long but she could not take watching the original. Totally freaked her out but she kept coming back until the sequel with the tequila worm scene and she could not finish watching after that. This looks like it could easily build from the original to really scare the crap out of people. Cant wait

Something about the days of old horror that todays CGI can not compare. Even the direction and writing can be deeply creepy.

Take Henry Kane for example, creeps me out that dude.

• Like 1

70's and early 80's had probably the best horror.

Jaws

Alien

The Thing

Hellraiser

The Exorcist

Carrie

Christine

Friday the 13th

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Halloweeen

The Omen

Invasion of the Body Snatchers

The Blob (80's remake)

Salems Lot

Children of the Corn

Creepshow

Re-animator

Fright Night

Cujo

Remakes make money, but they nearly always fail to live up to their original movie, critically speaking. There are exceptions. The Fly in 1986, for example, was discussed amongst my family tonight at dinner as a successful remake.

• 2 months later...

70's and early 80's had probably the best horror.

Jaws

Alien

The Thing

Hellraiser

The Exorcist

Carrie

Christine

Friday the 13th

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Halloweeen

The Omen

Invasion of the Body Snatchers

The Blob (80's remake)

Salems Lot

Children of the Corn

Creepshow

Re-animator

Fright Night

Cujo

The Exorcist was the worst !

One of the sequels of The Exorcist give me the chills in the sceen of people standing outside shouting at them inside. When they got closeup they were being animated by insects.

• 2 months later...

The original Poltergeist in the theatre when I was a kid...nothing can top that.

Well, I watched the remake of the Poltergeist last night and I have to say, it was one of THE WORST remakes of any movie I have ever seen. No suspense, lacking in story, pretty much carbon copied certain events from the original and pretty poorly at that.

I didn't have high hopes anyway as nothing could top the original(s), and nothing ever will.

Spoiler alert:: They did not have the coffins leaping out of the ground at the end, or the little girl getting puked up by a gigantic head or the door way specter or the steak on the counter pumping out maggots or the dad ripping his face off in front of the mirror. I agree, I was disappointed. This one was easy to watch. The first one my ex's daughter had to run out of the room several times when we tried watching it together. This one would be a piece of cake.

• Like 1

Spoiler alert:: They did not have the coffins leaping out of the ground at the end, or the little girl getting puked up by a gigantic head or the door way specter or the steak on the counter pumping out maggots or the dad ripping his face off in front of the mirror. I agree, I was disappointed. This one was easy to watch. The first one my ex's daughter had to run out of the room several times when we tried watching it together. This one would be a piece of cake.

They didn't have the tree eating the boy only merely grabbing him, the skeletons in the pool... can go on about how dissapointing it was. The original is the best and still stands the test of time with effects gore, horror.

• Like 1

They didn't have the tree eating the boy only merely grabbing him, the skeletons in the pool... can go on about how dissapointing it was. The original is the best and still stands the test of time with effects gore, horror.

That's right or the first time they bring in an expert and all the toys are spinning around the room, book snaps at them and a toy horse and cowboy rear up. They quite literally took out every good part that set that movie apart during it's time. I would have enjoyed a remake of all the old scenes, creatures just taken a step higher with great actors and improved effects.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The original still haunts me to this day. Loved it...this is a PG-13 rating which is disappointing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I watched the remake of the Poltergeist last night and I have to say, it was one of THE WORST remakes of any movie I have ever seen. No suspense, lacking in story, pretty much carbon copied certain events from the original and pretty poorly at that.

I didn't have high hopes anyway as nothing could top the original(s), and nothing ever will.

THIS! ^^^^^. X2! very disappointing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD