Monte 2 and Cohiba Maduro DISSECTION

kennykong

Alright FOH family,

I've just completed my very first order from our host and Diana, can't wait!

While i'm patiently waiting for the goodies, I thought i might contribute by shedding some light into some of the fakes floating around out there.

Montecristo #2

I'll be showing comparisons between a REAL Monte 2 band and opening up the fake one!

Band Comparison -

Differences - Real #2's band isn't as glossy, has the 2 dots, has sharper printing, and the design along the band cuts off on one side. The real one's chocolate colored band is lighter too.

post-23676-0-36433700-1421818741_thumb.j
The actual Cigar-
post-23676-0-02876100-1421818738_thumb.j
Dissection -
Look how small and thin the wrapper is. Lots of stems in the filler
post-23676-0-88659800-1421818739_thumb.j
Cohiba Pyramide
Look at the floor scraps they used for the filler
post-23676-0-39789500-1421818734_thumb.j
Cohiba Maduro
post-23676-0-39805500-1421818736_thumb.j

nice work putting these up. really appreciate it.

No Problem~

It's a common problem and my friends have been victims of it before. I feel bad when they go on vacation to a place that's embargo free and come back with these fakes. Some of them have paid more than what our host charges! Imagine that!

Cheers~

Thanks for the dissection and pictures, this is really educational for those of us (me) that haven't seen what the inside looks like. Would you say the Maduro was what would be expected to see from a typical example of a normal cigar?

Thanks for the dissection and pictures, this is really educational for those of us (me) that haven't seen what the inside looks like. Would you say the Maduro was what would be expected to see from a typical example of a normal cigar?

The Maduro was "close" and pretty good as a fake. Why do i say this? Simply because they did use long fillers in this counterfeit.

If you look at the Pyramide that I posted and the "floor scraps" they used as the filler.

Those Behike bands look pretty darn good. Is there no embossing on the "Behike"? The detail on the head holograms looks muddy. Is that how you can tell?

The Behike didn't look bad but if you look up close, the printing isn't as sharp and the rectangular holograms logo's didn't look good at all.

• 2 weeks later...