Cops, Cards, and Cuts

I teach Gracie Jiu-Jitsu to some of the local law enforcement and was invited to do a ride along with an officer as he does his daily shift. The job these folks do is very difficult and dealing often with the dregs of society is exhausting work. At the end of the day I was struck by how most of us live in a bubble with only occasional glimpses into the shady underworld of crime. I now realize the shady world is everywhere and we are just generally not trained to see it and mostly live our lives blissfully unaware. God bless our LE officers.

While riding in his car, I got a call from an online store verifying some purchases on one of my credit cards. Except I had not made them...they were fraudulent and I was fortunate to have been called. So be sure to check your card transactions closely these holidays. I have no idea how the criminals got the numbers.

Finally, took a friend to a male salon. Cute gals provide nice straight razor shave and haircut along with a cigar and/or glass of bourbon or scotch. I had made reservations for us to have a shave. Well, I sit down and the lady breaks out a trimmer and starts to trim around my ear. I stop her and say,"Just a shave." She says,"yes that is what I am going to do." She then proceeds to run the trimmer up the side of my head...thinking I was there to get my head shaved. Now, I say, "STOP!" I tell her there must be a mistake as I was just there for a facial shave....and now there is a bigger problem. Now it should be said I keep my hair very short anyway, so it was no big deal. She checks the books and says she is terribly sorry for the mistake and of course there will be no charge. She finished with my head (had to use the trimmer on the rest of my head at this point) and then did the facial shave. So all in all a good experience but important to double check what THEY think your reservation is for PRIOR to trimmers or cutters coming into play.

Merry Christmas everyone!

• Like 4