Rubbing it in!

My boss is at La Casa Del Habano Cancun right this second and has almost just finished heroin as some of you call it on here - Cohiba Esplendido. Interestingly he preferred the CoRo he smoked last night than the Esplendido.

I am jealous not only cause 1) I'd rather be there than the office 2) it's mega busy here 3) I've not tried an Esplendido yet!

He's not as experienced smoker as I am but can definitely appreciate sticks and we've smoked frequently together, he asked for my recommendations so I told him the Monte 520 and Cohiba 1966. Bit pricey but I told him since he has the time he should appreciate them and possibly may not get the opportunity again.

He told me they have both sticks - I've made myself even more envious as again I've not had the opportunity to try these sticks! pod.gif

The git also sent me a video and photo - makes it a bit better knowing it's raining there. But still I'd rather be smoking than typing in the office!

Cohiba is just a branded name that commands a premium IMO. In terms of value, I can think of many cigars I'd buy 2-3 of for the price of a single Espy every day of the week. Once you get past the unique looking band, there's not much to it.

• Like 1

Cohiba is just a branded name that commands a premium IMO. In terms of value, I can think of many cigars I'd buy 2-3 of for the price of a single Espy every day of the week. Once you get past the unique looking band, there's not much to it.

I ask in the most respectful of manners: what does this have to do with the discussion at hand? Does it matter if he was smoking a Cohiba or an H. Upmann?

The OP was simply trying to express his envy of how he could be sitting and relaxing on a beach instead of being in an office. That's what I do a lot in the winter or at work when I scroll through the 'Daily Smokes' thread. He was NOT tryint to make a point about how Cohibas are better. Please - I don't want to see this thread go into a 'Cohiba is overrated' direction.

However, if you were trying to make him feel better by saying that Cohibas aren't as good, I will grant you that. Just put a little wink or something at the end, wilya? sad.png

I ask in the most respectful of manners: what does this have to do with the discussion at hand? Does it matter if he was smoking a Cohiba or an H. Upmann?

The OP was simply trying to express his envy of how he could be sitting and relaxing on a beach instead of being in an office. That's what I do a lot in the winter or at work when I scroll through the 'Daily Smokes' thread. He was NOT tryint to make a point about how Cohibas are better. Please - I don't want to see this thread go into a 'Cohiba is overrated' direction.

However, if you were trying to make him feel better by saying that Cohibas aren't as good, I will grant you that. Just put a little wink or something at the end, wilya? sad.png

Maybe I just read a little more into the envy being a Cohiba than the entire situation as he mentioned never having one yet. Didn't want him to feel that much more jealous.

I'd be happy to have a Jose Piedra there at this point.

• Like 1

To note - I also suggested regular production smokes like Sir Winnie and Trini Fundadores but thought since he's there he should try the limited editions. In regards to pricing he did tell me but not sure if it's within rules to post on here(?)

It was pricey though!

Oh he literally just sent me another video - the rain has cleared and there's a beautiful sunset. Also lurking was a mojito happy.png Good for him as it's his last night in Mexico before heading back to colder shores

To note - I also suggested regular production smokes like Sir Winnie and Trini Fundadores but thought since he's there he should try the limited editions. In regards to pricing he did tell me but not sure if it's within rules to post on here(?)

It was pricey though!

Oh he literally just sent me another video - the rain has cleared and there's a beautiful sunset. Also lurking was a mojito ^_^ Good for him as it's his last night in Mexico before heading back to colder shores

As far as I know, price discussions not allowed with reference to online sales outlets. Wife is interested in the diving. Me I'm more about beaches, palm trees, a cigars. Feel free to pm me if you have time.

Out of curiosity, what is the pricing like in Cancun for CC?

Have had communication with mules down there. Live.

Too high. Almost Canadian.

Many stores have fakes alongside real ones. Bring your own if you can.

Sent from the Enigma on Tapatalk for BlackBerry.

I had full intent to be at the same LCDH back in the first week of June. Weather forecast was calling for steady rain all week long-not just a slight chnace but 100% heavy rains every day with a front that just sat in the area. Less than 24 hours prior to departure, I changed accommodations to go to Ocho Rios instead. It looked like a great place to relax and would have been on my itinerary a couple of days had we stayed with the original plan.