Cohiba 1966-fakes?

MashTea

So I got really excited when I saw that my local (and from my understanding, reputable) B&M had a few Cohiba 1966's left. (I don't want to post the shop name because I don't want to accuse him of anything). I was so excited I posted them on another forum and got a bunch of people telling me they were fake. And when I gave them a closer look compared to pictures I was seeing online I got very worried. The band (top row of squares cut in half) and caps seem to be off the mark, but I am no expert and thought I would see if you guys could help me out.

Also if these are in fact fake, how should I handle trying to return them? (if at all). I don't think he would knowingly sell fakes (but maybe I am just naive) so I don't want to be accusatory. This is my first time dealing with what may be fake cigars so I am at a loss.

post-21425-0-44798600-1411158235_thumb.j

post-21425-0-57390900-1411158254_thumb.j

post-21425-0-73092900-1411158303_thumb.j

post-21425-0-43333500-1411158317_thumb.j

Why did your other forum people say fake? Cropped top row of squares is not enough imo.

The other things people were pointing too were the shoddy looking caps (drastically different pigtails) and what looks to be very loose roll in the cigar on the right.

The one on the right doesnt look good at the cap, but these are not automatic fakes imo. There still is some doubt and they could go either way.

Does your B+M get stock from HH? Was this box a HH box? what price did you pay? Why did you take the cigar with the slightly torn or loose wrapper at the head? Were others the same? What did the other cigars in the box look like?

So many questions....

Does your B+M get stock from HH? Was this box a HH box? what price did you pay? Why did you take the cigar with the slightly torn or loose wrapper at the head? Were others the same? What did the other cigars in the box look like?

All BnMs (in Canuckistani territory) will say all their stock is definitely from HH. Whether or not they are is a different question and one that's almost unanswerable.

The latter 2 questions are good, though. Perhaps ask to open another box.

Sent by the Enigma on BlackBerry.

Could just be bad Cuban quality control and an off printer. No idea re fake issue.

Even if genuine you should seek a refund in any case because they look like crappy cigars for what I imagine was an expensive buy.

• Like 1

All BnMs (in Canuckistani territory) will say all their stock is definitely from HH. Whether or not they are is a different question and one that's almost unanswerable.

The latter 2 questions are good, though. Perhaps ask to open another box.

Sent by the Enigma on BlackBerry.

Not true. There is a bm in Montreal that gets some stock from tabacuba and/or Casa cubana, I don't remember exactly.

They even have some older punch. Got some great SS1 from them a couple years ago.

Not true. There is a bm in Montreal that gets some stock from tabacuba and/or Casa cubana, I don't remember exactly.

They even have some older punch. Got some great SS1 from them a couple years ago.

i vaguely remember an old Ontario one that sold its rights to import cigars to Havana House when they resold their territory.

i thought the last one died out with them. i remember calling revenue Canada with permission to import cigars from Altadis a while back - for potentials of a taxed group buy. They gave me some ridiculous tax percentage but still enough to make a living given the correct land value. I can't see why it'd be impossible.

But it seems that every B&M in Ontario (you happy!? :rolleyes:) imports from Havana House for one reason or another.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm, the band does look kind of off.. The embossed letters dont look like they're embossed all the way, could be just the angle of pic. Most of the counterfeits cohibas I've seen, all have shotty embossed lettering.. Then again I ain't no pro..

• 5 months later...

Are the squares generally symmetrical on every single band or is there bands that make into into circulation that are factory errors? I would imagine that Mercedes wouldn't let a car leave the essembly line if the MB emblem on the hood grill wasn't 100% correct...

• 2 weeks later...