Barcelona

Planned to travel to Barcelona tomorrow. As I understand the best shops are: La Rambla 100 and Via Laietana 4. (Of course if it will be possible will travel to Andorra). I don't need cigars at all, because all my humidors are full and many boxes outside of them vacuum sealed. So only Regional editions or rare (vintage) boxes are interesting. Is it problem to smoke in the town? Who can tell me about their duty free? Thanks in advance.

Best shop is Casa Duaso IMO. The one at the Avinguida Catedral is excellent too

Apart from the Diplomaticos, all the REs are fairly easy to find as of three weeks ago.

The Spanish are very laid back with smoking outside....smokers are everywhere :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Our favorite spot to smoke was actually on a simple park bench down by the water, watching the boats and sea. Had to be the most romantic place on earth so you really could not go wrong.

Prices are among the best in Europe. Did not see anything special in the DF, but if you are connecting back through Frankfurt and see a main store there, you will enjoy that.

Have a wonderful trip!

Really strange! Until now everyone told me about basement of Gimeno (Ramblas 100).

Gimenos has a huge humidor downstairs but because they're super popular with tourists, there's no rare/deleted stock to be seen. You should find most of the REs there. When I was there last month I spoke to owner who was able to get some Dippy RE for me....but at a premium!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just my 2 cents,I was in Barcelona last month for my stag/bachelor party and stayed on Las Ramblas.Having done some research beforehand (unfortunately I hadn't yet found this forum) I managed to get to Gimenos several times and bought several sticks.The shop was indeed very busy as expected and lacking the personal service preferred as there was always high volumes of traffic in there.I thoroughly enjoyed Monte 2 and Siglo VI sticks,tried Por Larranaga regionals (bit young) and RASS which was excellent construction but lacking depth of flavour talked about,again probably young.

I was committed to buying my first boxes so on the last couple of days I went downstairs to the walk in humidor.Selection was not that wide,however I found the discontinued Trini Robusto T which I grabbed alongside a box of Reyes,also a box of the Por Larranaga regionals.

I couldn't afford any other boxes so picked up some SDN4,SPN2 and Monte 2's.Should of picked up the Boli regionals...

If I'm ever back in Barca I'll definitely seek the other shops mentioned.

• 5 weeks later...