Fake Monte Cristo No2

Nemi

Makes sense. I still have never seen it though. Wonder how much plumper the cigars have to get to deform like that. maybe in the shower?

Placing cigars under a shower usually discolors the band and wrapper leading to people claiming the cigars are fake...

Also missing a few things like the date stamp, the hologram and the warning sticker

The warning sticker depends on where you got the cigars from. Switzerland doesn't have them. Italy neither - was just in Rome last fall. So, missing the warning sticker is no indication of anything. But, yeah, I could tell from the fuzzy pictures these were fake.

The warning sticker depends on where you got the cigars from. Switzerland doesn't have them. Italy neither - was just in Rome last fall. So, missing the warning sticker is no indication of anything. But, yeah, I could tell from the fuzzy pictures these were fake.

Strange. My boxes of La Ecepscions have Italian warning stickers.

And every one of my Swiss boxes has the regular stickers in the 3 national languages :

French, German, and Romansch.

Only. ONLY if you're an export business do you not have to put health stickers on.

Sent by the Enigma on BlackBerry.

^^^ this

None of the boxes I receive from certain Aus friends have warning labels. There are few always have to have items with the way cuban qc goes. You have to trust your vendor source and then look at the cigars themselves. Ive seen any number of bizarre errors/omissions on legitimate boxes.

^^^ this

None of the boxes I receive from certain Aus friends have warning labels. .

Sean. Like I said, only export-only businesses can get away with that. Swiss ones like x and other Aus ones.

Because they're not shipping domestically.

Sent by the Enigma on BlackBerry.

This thread would be completely pointless if you just asked your friend where he acquired the box. Pictures are taken at horrible angles and lighting to tell anything, but it looks like the bands are unpressed and the seal is pre 2010.

Don't smoke counterfeits. You have absolutely no idea what can be in them.

I'm happy for you that you are having fun. There is nothing funny about giving someone misinformation that could result in health problems. You are telling someone to smoke counterfeit cigars that may have been rolled at a chinchales, with drywall, asbestos, rat droppings, and dirt rolled into the cigars, which btw has been documented more times than I can count.

• Like 2

Now now, try to stay decent here. Lets not fight.

Anyways, sorry for the bad pictures, but i think it was kind of obvious. I just posted them on request.

Anyways I am not planning on smoking more of them, instead i bought myself a box of REAL Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No.2.

They are very tasty.

• Like 1

This thread would be completely pointless if you just asked your friend where he acquired the box. Pictures are taken at horrible angles and lighting to tell anything, but it looks like the bands are unpressed and the seal is pre 2010.

Don't smoke counterfeits. You have absolutely no idea what can be in them.

And by the way, if you would have read this thread, you would know i already knew they are fake.

But as a beginner i was wondering what to do with them.

So pointless? Giving advice is NEVER pointless...

Neither is your advice of not smoking them offcourse.

• Like 1

Also missing a few things like the date stamp, the hologram and the warning sticker

That, and the band should have some relief to it.

In fact, if it's straight from cuba, it should have have the new band with the gold leaf.

OP, in the bottom picture, the cigars are turned on their side. Were they like that when you opened them, or did you take them out and put them back in like that?

You are telling someone to smoke counterfeit cigars that may have been rolled at a chinchales, with drywall, asbestos, rat droppings, and dirt rolled into the cigars, which btw has been documented more times than I can count.

He smoked one and cut two apart. Recon told me it was fine in terms of safety. That was serious information i took into account.

As much as i will agree with your information about new boxes of fakes in general, i still believe that these fake boxes (when in possession) can still be useful in general. And it will be up to creativity and necessity (sometimes boredom) to see what potential they hold.

Now now, try to stay decent here. Lets not fight.

no fighting amongst us ^_^. I've heard him rant about a few regular production cigars and how gawdawful they've been. I don't fault him for severely ranting about fake Cuban cigars!!

• Like 2

That, and the band should have some relief to it.

In fact, if it's straight from cuba, it should have have the new band with the gold leaf.

OP, in the bottom picture, the cigars are turned on their side. Were they like that when you opened them, or did you take them out and put them back in like that?

I took them out.

They are all rolled on the side because i cut one open from the top deck, and one from the bottom.

I have a box of fake monte 2's. My friend who smokes Nicaraguans only loves them. Had one this week and it is good better than most of the B&M selection.

This thread would be completely pointless if you just asked your friend where he acquired the box.

So pointless? Giving advice is NEVER pointless...

No, please read again, I said that the thread WOULD have been pointless, as in you WOULD have found out the provenance and therefore not need to waste your time on this thread. That's what that says. peace.gif

I understand that you realized these were fake, however you smoked it nonetheless. It is important to reiterate and squash mis/disinformation, for future members who will be utilizing the search function in the future. There are too many multiple threads, thus information gets backlogged and lost over time. I'm just making sure that if anyone searches the words counterfeit and smoke, the advice is DO NOT SMOKE, not crush it up along with the asbestos and smoke it in a pipe. lol

• Like 1

Over the years I have had maybe 10 boxes of non official cigars. Most were early on and most were 'ok' from the stand point of a beginner. I have also had a few boxes which had no cigars in them you could smoke as one could not draw from them.

I only purchase official Cuban boxes from sources I trust since the last bad box.

Life is too short for bad taste and frustration.