Has anyone ever. ..

Has anyone ever made a table top covered with different cigars labels. I am wanting to use a wooden TV tray and put these labels on it then cover them with a clear sealant of some type.

But I would imagine that applying that liquid over the top of the labels might discolor them. What can I put as some type of a coating on each label to prevent that from happening or would I be OK without protecting each label.

I have well over 3000 labels to use and want to get going on this project so when my new front deck is built I can use the table.

Has anyone done this, which I am sure some have. If so what did you use to protect the label and what clear sealant works the best for doing this.

Appreciate any and all help. My wife will freak out when she sees my label collection. Been saving them for a wee bit of time.

Thanks

Mike

The mod-podge is good for gluing the bands down, then try a clear diamond-coat spray to seal it up after. More coats and an ultra fine grit sandpaper between each coat can give you a glass like finish that can handle the condensation from an ice cold brewski on a hot day!

Be sure to dig up this thread when you're done and show us your results!

Is this any help to you?

http://www.instructables.com/id/Cigar-Band-Table/

Most of the ones I've seen have had the bands glues onto the table and then a piece of glass placed over them to level out the surface and protect the bands

That's how I did it.

Stuck the bands to the tabletop and covered with glass.

Shame that the bands have faded horribly over the past 15 years or so.....

I have thought about it. I have enough bands and a table to do it but sanding it down and glueing the bands on then resurfacing it is just more work than I want to deal with right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this any help to you?

http://www.instructables.com/id/Cigar-Band-Table/

Most of the ones I've seen have had the bands glues onto the table and then a piece of glass placed over them to level out the surface and protect the bands

Thanks for the link. That looked awesome.i can only hope that mine will turn out the way that one did. . Mike

After you glue the bands apply Glue n Seal it dries clear and protects the band.

You want to cover the whole area in a vertical and horizontal application.

Then use Evirotex high gloss finish.

y3uhu5u5.jpggevytuba.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The mod-podge is good for gluing the bands down, then try a clear diamond-coat spray to seal it up after. More coats and an ultra fine grit sandpaper between each coat can give you a glass like finish that can handle the condensation from an ice cold brewski on a hot day!

Be sure to dig up this thread when you're done and show us your results!

I used this exact method on a lampshade I covered in labels. It's really easy as well as being very effective.

After you glue the bands apply Glue n Seal it dries clear and protects the band.

You want to cover the whole area in a vertical and horizontal application.

Then use Evirotex high gloss finish.y3uhu5u5.jpggevytuba.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. Those look awesome. .