So if you can no longer enjoy NC's does that mean you can no longer enjoy a U.S. cigar bar?

The ones I know well I buy one and smoke there then smoke my cc that I brought along.

^ That. Usually they'll ask for a lighting fee if you don't buy their cigars and bring your own. Honestly, I usually smoke whatever I bring, and buy something anyways like a Padron Anniversario or an Opus, so they they stay in business for me to smoke my CCs at. :)

I live in Philadelphia where we must have a totally different experience then most around the country. I frequent the Ashton Cigar Bar. While they do sell NC's from a huge humidor that's well stocked, if you like that stuff. They could care less what you smoke ie CC or NC. They don't even charge a cutting fee. However on the weekends I live a few min from Atlantic City where all the bars and lounges are cigar friendly without a cutting charge and a top shelf selection of scotch and the like. Also while in NY you may find many cigar bars that have a $5-$10 fee but will sell you a panatella for $5 but if you become a regular they will rarely charge you the fee. Go to Circa Tabac in NY, they have some sort of VIP card that's free. With it is a % discount on drinks and no cutting fee. None of the places care what you smoke I enjoy a CC there all the time.

I have been to a few and always smoke my own CC's, as long as your buying drinks they do not say anything. I usually buy a NC or two and give them away to friends.

Ditto

Seeing that I travel all of the time, I bring my own CC but purchase the cheapest stick the store has, typically a Brickhouse and then will buy an iced tea or what not out of respect......I smoke my own and have never been asked for a fee or to not smoke my own Cubans....of course I am also not the guy in the bar w a Cohiba, double banded churchill puffing away hoping people see me, those guys are the best! :)

Smoked with Avo Uvezian a couple times in Orlando and we traded cigars and stories, he liked the Cubans I gave him and shared some fascinating stories.....(name dropping rant over)

I live in Philadelphia where we must have a totally different experience then most around the country. I frequent the Ashton Cigar Bar. While they do sell NC's from a huge humidor that's well stocked, if you like that stuff. They could care less what you smoke ie CC or NC. They don't even charge a cutting fee. However on the weekends I live a few min from Atlantic City where all the bars and lounges are cigar friendly without a cutting charge and a top shelf selection of scotch and the like. Also while in NY you may find many cigar bars that have a $5-$10 fee but will sell you a panatella for $5 but if you become a regular they will rarely charge you the fee. Go to Circa Tabac in NY, they have some sort of VIP card that's free. With it is a % discount on drinks and no cutting fee. None of the places care what you smoke I enjoy a CC there all the time.

My daughter was in Philadelphia recently, said there were cigar lounges on practically every corner...unfortunately ours are few and far between!

Is there any legal trouble that a B&M could get in for letting customers smoke CC's, not selling just smoking. I'm sure it would be hard to get busted but is it possible in theory?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any legal trouble that a B&M could get in for letting customers smoke CC's, not selling just smoking. I'm sure it would be hard to get busted but is it possible in theory?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My nearest lounge says there is a law that won't allow you to bring in your own, no matter nc or cc

Unfortunately there is only one now. There were two until a few months ago. There are a few smoke shops but none with a bar as well, just small lounge areas in the store.

My daughter was in Philadelphia recently, said there were cigar lounges on practically every corner...unfortunately ours are few and far between!

I use to frequent a cigar lounge in the Pacific Northwest where I rarely purchased any of their cigars. Sometimes, I wouldn't even order alcohol if I was catching up on work. However, I made sure to tip generously, and abstained from hitting on the attractive waitresses, which they somehow had an endless lineup of. The staff always made sure I felt welcomed, and eventually even stopped charging me for coffee or tea if that was all I ordered.

As with any hospitality venue, take care of the staff and they'll take care of you.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder what part of town she was in. There aren't many cigar lounges in Philadelphia. Many of them are connected to a shop, so it's disrespectful or simply not allowed to smoke outside cigars. That said, the main one in town does not charge a cutting fee and you are free to bring your own. I've smoked plenty of CCs there.

Yep, I've got the Circa Tabac Black Card, being a regular gets you one, helps to know the owners too.....

I wonder what part of town she was in. There aren't many cigar lounges in Philadelphia. Many of them are connected to a shop, so it's disrespectful or simply not allowed to smoke outside cigars. That said, the main one in town does not charge a cutting fee and you are free to bring your own. I've smoked plenty of CCs there.

I think it was Washington, D.C. actually, school trip...but at least you have a couple to smoke in, we have none!

I'd like to know where the nice cigar lounges are in DC- I haven't tried looking too hard, but I was not able to find one that easily, at least one that had a bar or BYO and open at night.

I'd like to know where the nice cigar lounges are in DC- I haven't tried looking too hard, but I was not able to find one that easily, at least one that had a bar or BYO and open at night.

Shelley's Back Room - 1331 F STREET NW

http://shellysbackroom.com/

Nice place, I've enjoyed many an evening there when in town and it fits your bill!

My favorite here in Vegas are the Four Queens,and Binions,I bring at least 1 cc most times two watch A game several big screens,food,craft beer,nice leather chairs and couch's.With A Sports Book right next to them! They are downtown!

Mike you should write a little handbook on cigar sites and retire off the royalties

• Like 1

Mike you should write a little handbook on cigar sites and retire off the royalties

After over 35 yrs, and smokeing cigars from Alaska to Mississippi,and every place in between,maybe I should! HA HA

you and habana mike author the Two Mike's Cigar
Guide available at all Barnes and Nobles and Amazon