Car Audio...enlighten us!

Nice to see the Linear Power in that CV van. I have a 3.2 and 2.2 HV kicking around somewhere. Power hungry pigs but sooo clean.

Great pictures by the way. I really enjoyed looking through them. Just some beautiful installs.

That was great read with awesone pics Thank you..i recognized the same zapco amps. Got out before I had the chance to step up to the mcintosh setup.

Fos...Brilliant write-up and superb pics! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

I understood most of it.....ok 1/3rd .....ok I am lying biggrin.png

90% of the time I will be listening to Itunes downloaded tunes via Bluetooth.....and even then it will be Di's Icehouse and "Tears for Fears" music. It get's good when she pulls out the "Seals Greatest hits" lookaround.gif

My "Hilltop Hoods" and other rap/Hip Hop music waits until I am alone in the car lol3.gif

No rap in my book. Used to play Styx Exit stage left especialy the drum solo, Yello album Flag, Lots of Pink Floyd. pretty cool watching a quarter dance across the roof of your car playing dogs of war full blast!

Are you looking for more bass? If that's all you looking for I would maybe look at Crutchfield.com. Enter your vehicle info and see what subs are available in a pre-fabricated enclosure made for your vehicle. An single or 10' sub should be plenty for most cars. Pick a sub JL Audio, Rockford Fosgate, Alpine, etc in a 4 ohm resistance rating and then look at the power required 75-300max Rms and find an amp that has the power output of about the middle of that range. Fan cooled is nice but not necessary unless you get the minimum required watt Rms. I would find someone to install them for you They will need to run power and remote turn on from the battery and fuse box. Maybe add a 1f capacitor to keep the stereo from pulling down the battery and cause the headlights to fade and premature wear on the alternator. I don't think I would touch the factory speakers unless you just upgrade to the higher end package speakers (harmon kardon etc).

Fos...Brilliant write-up and superb pics! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

I understood most of it.....ok 1/3rd .....ok I am lying biggrin.png

90% of the time I will be listening to Itunes downloaded tunes via Bluetooth.....and even then it will be Di's Icehouse and "Tears for Fears" music. It get's good when she pulls out the "Seals Greatest hits" lookaround.gif

My "Hilltop Hoods" and other rap/Hip Hop music waits until I am alone in the car lol3.gif

Rap/Hip Hop? More like Airsupply's Greatest Hits! tongue.png

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty sure I will go with Arc Audio Blacks, Arc Sub etal. Love the sound. Clean, crisp without being tinny, gorgeous. Will look at the new Rainbows being released next month.

If you're listening to compressed audio via BT, there isn't a whole lot of point to heavily upgraded equipment. The dynamic range isn't there and the SNR is questionable.

I think a sub and some upgraded speaker with good efficiency is all you need. Or go whole hog and get something like a JBL cleansweep and upgrade everything. You still won't hear the difference with MP3s or even AACs.

Prez try DLS, theyre tagline is super natural sounds. And for me their clarity is top notch. I run fujitsuten player dls tweeter and mids, 1 12' dls subs with helix amp. I've been so happy with the set up never had I've never had the urge to upgrade the past 8 years.

On my current car, I just wanted a clean install. didn't want to lose any trunk space, and didn't need eardrum shattering volume levels. The factory system was actually pretty decent, so I decided to keep everything stock, and just upgrade the sub/amp. Found a shop that could do what I wanted, and here's the build thread. It's definitely very clean, and I have my whole trunk to use.

Here's the sub with the grill cover off:

P1020829.jpg