New to CC and trying to figure out were to start.

Way to many choices to make. In the past several weeks since I made the decision to get into CC I have had the honor of a couple of really nice guys help me out with purchasing some cigars to smoke. All but 2 were smaller ring gage. I normally just smoke larger rg when it comes to NC as well as longer ones. I really like to enjoy a good cigar for at least 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 1/2. The longer the better. If i have the time out comes the 2 hour stock.

I truly enjoyed everyone of the cigars I had the chance to smoke especially the larger ring gages as they have me more time to enjoy smoking them than the smaller ones did.

I fully understand why people enjoy the smaller rings, taste is one of the major things as well as time restraints. Smaller quicker larger longer.

But now I am struggling with what to do as far as what brands and size to start out with. Do I buy a box A, no maybe brand B Oh crap if i buy that then i won't be able to get Box C!!! Etc etc. Depending on what I buyi am looking at purchasing 2 to 3 boxes.

in other words I cannot make up my mind on what to start buying and I need to figure that out soon. ... I only have 3 CC left and it will take roughly a couple weeks to get an order once I pull my head out of you know where. Thankfully I have a few hundred NC to smoke while waiting. But not the same. .

Well thanks for letting my mind stroll while taking a break at work.

You all have a great day and enjoy your smokes tonight. .

Mike

I would contact the beautiful Diana and get a robusto sampler, usually has 12 different cigars of what is smoking well now. That way the ones you like you can then go back and grab boxes of. Hope that helps.

I would contact the beautiful Diana and get a robusto sampler, usually has 12 different cigars of what is smoking well now. That way the ones you like you can then go back and grab boxes of. Hope that helps.

I would get a range is samplers from Czar, Robusto and Piramides etc.

Try to get some higher end singles to try.

Cohiba, Montecristo, Bolivar, are great Marcas with hugely different flavour profiles to explore...

Finding the Marcas and flavours that match you palate is a process...a fun one :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it looks like my fat fingers created 2 postings on the same subject. Please use the other posting to leave helpful information

Thanks

Mike

Well it looks like my fat fingers created 2 postings on the same subject. Please use the other posting to leave helpful information

Thanks

Mike

Yeah, I noticed that as well http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=119013&hl=

By the way, welcome to FOH!

You really can't go wrong with say a box of RASCC or whichever smaller cigar you liked the most from what you listed and a robusto sampler from Prez. Or maybe seeing if the lovely Di can do you a deal on 25 sticks of five different cigars like the PC/minuto special that was on offer a couple months ago. Personally I'd go for smaller smokes to maximise variety.

Good luck bro :)

I'd also go for a variety of brands; when I first started on CCs I found trying PCs gave a good idea of the different brands although is you want a bigger cigar maybe a robusto sampler is the way to go :)

Petite Coronas and Club Coronas are always a good start.

Robustos aren't a bad way either but I've found myself drawn to Petite Coronas more than any other vitola lately.

If you're coming from NCs, I would suggest going witha sampler or two to see what flavor profiles you like. If you post what you like. I'm sure we can come up with some suggestions.

Samplers are informative and adventurous fun way to figure but do get a box of Partagas shorts.

+1

I bought a few Epicure Especials got them in the mail on Thursday have smoked a couple and they are nota bad cigar. One of the things I like its that it takes a hour plus to smoke it. Now that was something I was looking for in testing out some CC..

how are the Especial compared to the Epicure 2??

Also tried Monte Edmundo again a wonderful cigar and took me hour and a Half to enjoy it. Just wonderful just wonderful.

have had the PD4 again an awesome cigar.

Now I would like to get my hands on a couple RYJ short Churchill and the wide Churchill which are 2 of the cigars I am looking to buy..

thanks to all for the info. ....

Mike

I bought a few Epicure Especials got them in the mail on Thursday have smoked a couple and they are nota bad cigar. One of the things I like its that it takes a hour plus to smoke it. Now that was something I was looking for in testing out some CC..

how are the Especial compared to the Epicure 2??

Epicure Especials have not been as tasty as Epicure 2 last couple of years; pretty good but no WOW.

So now I need to figure outa way to get a #2 without ordering from a vendor :(