New to CC and trying to figure out were to start.

Way to many choices to make. In the past several weeks since I made the decision to get into CC I have had the honor of a couple of really nice guys help me out with purchasing some cigars to smoke. All but 2 were smaller ring gage.

I truly enjoyed everyone of the cigars I had the chance to smoke especially the larger ring gages as they have me more time to enjoy smoking them than the smaller ones did.

I fully understand why people enjoy the smaller rings, taste is one of the major things as well as time restraints. Smaller quicker larger longer.

But now I am struggling with what to do as far as what brands and size to start out with. Do I buy a box A, no maybe brand B Oh crap if i buy that then i won't be able to get Box C!!! Etc etc. Depending on what I buyi am looking at purchasing 2 to 3 boxes.

in other words I cannot make up my mind on what to start buying and I need to figure that out soon. ... I only have 3 CC left and it will take roughly a couple weeks to get an order once I pull my head out of you know where. Thankfully I have a few hundred NC to smoke while waiting. But not the same. .

Well thanks for letting my mind stroll while taking a break at work.

You all have a great day and enjoy your smokes tonight. .

Mike

I'd buy singles to start, try different sizes, different brands get a feel for what you like before commiting to boxes. Variety is key when your first starting out.

I'd also suggest looking into 10-count options, there are quite a few:

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/list.aspx?&specialtype=Current_Production;&includeimages=True&sortorder=noorder&packaging=168;230;1;80;152;83;84;41;180;121;212;245;48;95;99;55;174;251;175;70;44;123;210;205;40;

That way you could pick up 5 boxes of 10 instead of 2 boxes of 25 for a little more variety.

I truly enjoyed everyone of the cigars I had the chance to smoke especially the larger ring gages as they have me more time to enjoy smoking them than the smaller ones did.

What did you smoke so far, and did any truly stand out for any particular reason?

I completely agree with the others, you need to be picking up singles/samplers/3 packs or 10 count boxes just to experiment. Also, bear in mind that some CCs don't smoke at their best when young (although it seems that Habanos SA have addressed this somewhat lately) - it would be a shame to smoke a young Cohiba Lancero and be put off, and miss out on how glorious they become after 5 years+.

I'd suggest doing what I did several years ago.

Send Rob an email asking for half a dozen suggestions for a cross section of flavors/marcas/vitolas and grab two of each.

He won't give you a bum steer. Of course, my wallet is a lot lighter now, but I've been hooked since.

• Like 1

What did you smoke so far, and did any truly stand out for any particular reason?

I completely agree with the others, you need to be picking up singles/samplers/3 packs or 10 count boxes just to experiment. Also, bear in mind that some CCs don't smoke at their best when young (although it seems that Habanos SA have addressed this somewhat lately) - it would be a shame to smoke a young Cohiba Lancero and be put off, and miss out on how glorious they become after 5 years+.

I have tried Partagas short, RASCC, BPC Monte #4, RASS, Monte 2 petit plus 2 others that slip my mind.

The ones that stood out the most was the RASCC this one to me out of what I have tried was 2nd to none. By far the best small ring cigar I have ever smoked either CC or NC.

I really liked the Partagas but then to me Partagas I'd always good. Mine was pretty good as well. The first couple of Montes were awesome by then the next 2 or 3 were not that flavorful. I bought a box of 10 from a forum member....

So far that is my CC experience. Not much but at least a start.

I would love to try Cohiba larger ring but more than likely won't happen in my life time. Too expensive for my pockets.

Welcome to FOH! I would buy samplers to see what you really like. Its hard to say what you will like as taste is so subjective. Then buy boxes of your favorites. The two biggest mistakes I made as a newb was buy boxes based on popular cigars and keeping my humidoor/coolers at too high a humidity level. Hope this helps.

Welcome to FOH! I would buy samplers to see what you really like. Its hard to say what you will like as taste is so subjective. Then buy boxes of your favorites. The two biggest mistakes I made as a newb was buy boxes based on popular cigars and keeping my humidoor/coolers at too high a humidity level. Hope this helps.

I have been buying some individual cigars from other forum members but not on this forum. So I have had a chance to try about 6 out 7 different ones so far.

My favorite so far by far is the RASCC by far the best flavors I have ever had in a small ring so far. Monte 4 is a close 2nd.

I have about a dozen larger rings hitting my door steps tomorrow which is about 6 different ones. Really fired up to get off work and plunge into a couple of those right away.

I would like to try a couple Cohiba when I can find someone that will sell me a couple different sizes.

I hear way to many good things about these and would like to try before I even think about buying any.

Thanks for the info. Appreciate all I can get from those that have the experience that I am lacking so far

More

I always like to recommend Hoyo de Monterrey to people just starting out. They were one of my first smokes, and I have given a few to people who don't regularly smoke cigars. They have all enjoyed them.

I haven't had the best luck with singles. I have a habit of finding the worst examples when I do that. If you can get some nice examples picked for you it would help a lot.

cant agree more with the otherd hit up the prez he will hook you up I just got my first sampler from them 20cigars that I requested all excellent condition. Ive figured out now I like the double coronas so now thats what ive ordered hoyo dc n punch dcs waiting for some ramon allones dcs