Montreal June 13-17

Bring a few in. Go visit Stogies Cigar bar. No cutting fees, decently priced drinks, decent ventilation. Do make a trip to their LCDH. Awesome lounge there, great bar selection too. You will have to smoke their stock. There's a good selection of aged sticks too. A bit out of the way is Rib N Reef. A high end steak restaurant with an amazing cigar lounge. Smaller than Stogies but it has excellent ventilation.

• Like 2

Prices are mental at Stogies and Whiskey Cafe - you will be paying 50 and 70, respectively, + taxes for a Monte 2. If you bring your own sticks, Stogies is a great place to smoke. Tons of bars on the same street (Crescent) to hit up afterwards, as well.

• Like 1

1. LCDH, you can smoke their stock only.

2. Whiskey. $10 one time cut fee.

3 Rib&Reef. No cut fee. Perfect place.

4. Stogies. No cut fee. Bad ventilation.

Prices are mental at Stogies and Whiskey Cafe - you will be paying 50 and 70, respectively, + taxes for a Monte 2. If you bring your own sticks, Stogies is a great place to smoke. Tons of bars on the same street (Crescent) to hit up afterwards, as well.

@ Dream Catcher lounge I paid 40 bucks including tip for a Monte 2 and 1 Carlsberg beer

It costs me the same at Stogies for a CAO Brazilia and 1 Stella Artois.

Was driving so really couldn't drink.

Lcdh in Montreal is great and the staff is super cool and very very knowable.

I'm not sure about that. I witnessed the guy at the counter considered a box of fohiba as a legitimate box.

I'm not sure about that. I witnessed the guy at the counter considered a box of fohiba as a legitimate box.

What do you mean? The guy at counter was shown someones box of fakes?

I live in the Mtl and I can't think of anything the staff has recommend me not be spot on

I agree. Jeff, Simon, Carlos and Antonio are very knowledgeable and always willing to help. Great selection!

I live in MTL as well, and kind of curious as to why people go to LCDH... personally, I have never been inside. What's the point? Just to browse?

The point is that it is a great place to browse and sit for a smoke and a mojito. Not sure why any cigar lover would ever snub the casa.....

The point is that it is a great place to browse and sit for a smoke and a mojito. Not sure why any cigar lover would ever snub the casa.....

Well, you need to purchase your cigar from them to smoke it there; thus, the reason for snubbing them would be that the cost is 3 to 5x higher to purchase your cigar locally than elsewhere...

Well, you need to purchase your cigar from them to smoke it there; thus, the reason for snubbing them would be that the cost is 3 to 5x higher to purchase your cigar locally than elsewhere...

It's not like your buying a box. You spend 30 or 40 bucks on a cigar you haven't tried before and get to experience a great atmosphere to enjoy a cigar. I can watch a movie on a big TV but sometimes it's nice to go to a theatre. Give it a try once and then decide if it was worth it.

• Like 1

The prices are a lot higher than ordering off the net. But the LCDH prices are fairly close to the other retail stores here in the Mtl

If you have a chance to come to Québec City (2h away from Montreal), go to Société Cigares on Grande-Allée. Great place to smoke with no cutting fees. The cigar are too expensive, but you can bring your own! Great selection of scotch and wiskies.

• Like 1

If you have a chance to come to Québec City (2h away from Montreal), go to Société Cigares on Grande-Allée. Great place to smoke with no cutting fees. The cigar are too expensive, but you can bring your own! Great selection of scotch and wiskies.

Love this place. Didn't know you could bring your own, I normally bought one. Like it even more now.

Flying into Montreal for my god child's wedding.

Debating whether to bring some sticks or whether some local purveyors are recommended.

Cheers

I hope you are enjoying your trip! It's pouring here, so enjoy the weather and take many pics of that LCDH humi for me! :)

I wouldn't turn down an aged goody-bag either ;)

When I have to travel to Québec City for business, I always spend my evenings at Société Cigare.

It's not like your buying a box. You spend 30 or 40 bucks on a cigar you haven't tried before and get to experience a great atmosphere to enjoy a cigar. I can watch a movie on a big TV but sometimes it's nice to go to a theatre. Give it a try once and then decide if it was worth it.

Well said.