Are these salvageable?

So I turned my wineador back on a couple weeks ago and maaaaay have forgotten to unplug the drain hole. So some condensation formed and apparently dripped onto two of my boxes of RASCC and perlas.

Well looks like the water dripped INTO the boxes and a few sticks were soaked. As in soaked. Some of the RASCC had white mold on it so I wiped it off and threw them in a zip lock bag with a 62% boveda and some 60% beads.

Question is, are these salvageable? Or should I just toss them? 9uqane6y.jpg

vatypa9e.jpg

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Had this happen to me in havana when a downpour soaked a bundle of 25 customs that were in the trunk of the leaky taxi cab (not uncommon in havana). I went to Partagas store and asked Hamlet and La China on advise on how to save them. This was their response. Lay them out on a bath towel or paper towels in a dry open area for a day or two and they should be fine. sure enough they were saved, They were also kind enough to repair a couple of them that had wrapper damage with some leaf that they had in the store.

• Like 1

I'm thinking definitely don't keep them in the zip locks! Open air for starters, turn often, put on a metal grid maybe. Lightly cover with plastic wrap and a hygrometer with them, you can prop an end open to monitor the moisture level

• Like 2

open air, put them in a dry humidor or shoe box and add a clean/unused baby's diaper.

• Like 1

Had this happen to a three year old box of Monte esp 2. I was able to drybthem but didn't taste right. I say this so I can mentally prepare for the worst. The other half of the box tasted fine.

• Like 1

open air, put them in a dry humidor or shoe box and add a clean/unused baby's diaper.

Agreed, and be mindful of two key operative words here. In addition, I suppose an adult's diaper could also be used. jester.gif

In my recent experience in a similar scenario...

1/

Separate the ugliest from the best and dry box everything into two boxes with 100g rice wrapped in a paper towel in each box.

2/

Store the soaked ones in ambient hopefully the RH will assist the box release initial moisture.

2a/

Put the better box in a zip lock bag.

Change rice every 24 hours in both boxes...

Some of mine were very spongy and swollen.

Get them to the point they start to feel drier and forming up then slow the drying out down.

Pres advised watch for mould and any unusual taint in the nose!

If anything is out if the ordinary do not put them into your humidor under any circumstances....

Strict quarantine and try and smoke one when you feel they have sufficiently recovered.

Anything dodgy bin or bomb (with appropriate warning)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk