Punch Royal Corona-of-the-Nations!

Maplepie

Punch Coronations and Royal Coronations.

After smoking the Sir Johns, Punch Petit Piramides, and Sabrosos, i have concluded that none of these new REs would rival the first third of the Coronations-T or the Royal Coronations-T. These are fantastic smokes that i always buy to smoke IN Cuba. I then carry one or two home as i do enjoy their subtle flavours when young.

They get too 'Partagas'-esque after the first half so i normally only smoke these half way. I then grind the other half up and toss it in my garden as fertiliser/pesticide (ammonia + nicotine is AMAZING for household plants).

These cigars are a staple in my Havana-thons and they don't care about the humidity. They'll smoke well no matter what! Also, the cedar they carry is very VERY handy when lighting cigars in Cuba. 1 second of flame with a single torch is all you need to get them lit!!

I've never tried them aged, though...

I also can't tell the difference between the Coronations and the Royal Coronations...

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Punch Coronations and Royal Coronations.

After smoking the Sir Johns, Punch Petit Piramides, and Sabrosos, i have concluded that none of these new REs would rival the first third of the Coronations-T or the Royal Coronations-T. These are fantastic smokes that i always buy to smoke IN Cuba. I then carry one or two home as i do enjoy their subtle flavours when young.

They get too 'Partagas'-esque after the first half so i normally only smoke these half way. I then grind the other half up and toss it in my garden as fertiliser/pesticide (ammonia + nicotine is AMAZING for household plants).

These cigars are a staple in my Havana-thons and they don't care about the humidity. They'll smoke well no matter what! Also, the cedar they carry is very VERY handy when lighting cigars in Cuba. 1 second of flame with a single torch is all you need to get them lit!!

I've never tried them aged, though...

I also can't tell the difference between the Coronations and the Royal Coronations...

Just a word about putting tobacco on the plants. One way to get the wife to turn the other way when I smoke would be to put the stubs in a bucket of water and then she would use the tobacco juice on her plants. Works awesome, but when I lived in the Okanogan (Kelowna) I was warned about the dangers of the warmer temps and tobacco beetle and its love for pepper plants. Never had an issue but after that we avoided using it on the peppers. Don't know if was just a load of crap or not just didn't take the chance. Just a cautionary tale.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...