Trinidad

AbuAmelia

My friend just got this box. I never seen a box code stamped like this or have the type of extra stamps on the box. What do you think?

gu3avu5y.jpgyraqyqej.jpge3a4uvug.jpg

It looks all wrong to me, beginning with the Trinidad logo. (Attached).

Multiple seals and control/inspection stamps aren't uncommon, but they would be unusual for a 2013 box ... and they all look a bit spurious rather than Official.

post-6207-0-41180600-1401272943_thumb.jp

post-6207-0-00390000-1401272967_thumb.jp

The date stamp is definitely not from Cuba. The abbreviation for December in Spanish is DIC (Diciembre) Dec is the English abbreviation (December). I have always seen the year indicated by using the last 2 digits only. The date code for December 2003 should be DIC 03. This is confirmed on Trevor's web site cubancigarwebsite.com. There is no factory code whatsoever. My vote definitely FAKE

Thinks I think look suspect

1) Box wood has too much grain. I've seen lots of trini boxes, and I've never seen one anything like that.

2) The logo and wood burn looks off. The bottoms of the Ts aren't lining up, and the tops are "heavy" Check out the correct box above.

3) I've never seen the extra custom seal. Is that typical from a :LCDH?

4) Incorrect date stamp, and no box code, as noted above.

5) I've never seen the "producto cubano" stamp. That doesn't mean they're fakes, but I've never seen it.

I'd do some surgery on one before lighting it up.

Blimey. Not even blind drunk and drugged could I be convinced by that box.

This post will probably be followed immediately by an expert saying 'Oh yeah, fine, and this is why...'