Mmmmmm...Fauxhibas!

kevblue18

Asked my boss to pick me up a few cigars on his recent cruise to the Caribbean but didn't expect much. He isn't a cigar smoker and I asked him partially to see what kind of fakes he would bring back. Needless to say...He picked a couple of winners. I guess it's the thought that counts! Thanks boss!

4eduqazu.jpg

2a3a6u7a.jpg

Btw, I asked where he got them and he said on the beach. Also, I cut open the big one and it was full of cut wrapper leaves and random junk. Probably would have gotten sick from smoking it. The smaller one actually looks decent.

A good friend of mine used to say, "This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Well - he meant well. Can't fault him for trying. I'd give him an E for Effort

• Like 2

I agree he meant well.

There are far too many stories that start like....." So I had my mate/boss/buddy/loved one pick me us some Cubans while they were on vacation." ect...

And usually somewhere along the story the words , "Well, he/she didn't know better"

Am I the only one that thinks it's perfectly ok to educate people a little before you ask them to pick you up some cigars? I don't think it's rude or in bad taste at all. If I'm going to ask someone to pick me up something, I'm going spend some time educating them a little bit and giving them some acumen on what they are about to do.

I don't know, that's just me. Why don't more people do this?? I'm curious. It sure would save a lot of pitched, bi-sected, and laughed about cigars.

my 2 cents. just wondering why this epidemic continues to happen.

looking.gif

• Like 2

If you knew my boss you would understand why he just bought them on the beach haha I mentioned to him to look for an LCDH when he was in Cozumel but he is super scatterbrained and he didn't really pick up on what I was trying to say. I'm lucky to have gotten any cigars at all. But like I said I kinda wanted some fakes, I have enough genuine CC's already. Well you can never really have enough haha.

A good friend of mine used to say, "This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Not only what you said, kevblue, but when you're asking someone to do a favor for you - I don't know about your friends & acquaintances - but if you start "burdening" them with having to put them through a class on fakes vs. authentics, and you're going on and on about this and that concerning what YOU want...you'll only turn them off or make them sorry they told you where they were going or offered, whatever the case may be. If you've got acquaintances like mine, they won't hesitate to tell you, "Look - get it your damn self!" if you have to put them through a whole lot of particulars. I can see exactly what skyfall is talking about, but this is a world where WE are very familiar and passionate...the individuals concerned about their own thing not only couldn't care less they don't want to be bothered with all your orders, particulars, details, etc. It's just being practical. Like the old minister was saying: "You ask some people how are they doing, they TELL ya!" In other words they don't want to know about your knee, your aches, your doctor, your calluses, and on and on and on. I've had the misfortune of asking and then am held hostage having to listen to their laundry list of complaints violin.gif

• Like 1

Not only what you said, kevblue, but when you're asking someone to do a favor for you - I don't know about your friends & acquaintances - but if you start "burdening" them with having to put them through a class on fakes vs. authentics, and you're going on and on about this and that concerning what YOU want...you'll only turn them off or make them sorry they told you where they were going or offered, whatever the case may be. If you've got acquaintances like mine, they won't hesitate to tell you, "Look - get it your damn self!" if you have to put them through a whole lot of particulars. I can see exactly what skyfall is talking about, but this is a world where WE are very familiar and passionate...the individuals concerned about their own thing not only couldn't care less they don't want to be bothered with all your orders, particulars, details, etc. It's just being practical. Like the old minister was saying: "You ask some people how are they doing, they TELL ya!" In other words they don't want to know about your knee, your aches, your doctor, your calluses, and on and on and on. I've had the misfortune of asking and then am held hostage having to listen to their laundry list of complaints violin.gif

So true. Also it's not like I asked him to get a whole box. Just a couple of sticks. Thought it was nice. I'll add them to my collection of counterfeits.

• 2 months later...

How does this look?jajy5aqu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk