Are these beetle eggs?

I don't know if you guys are like me but when I smoke a good cigar, I'm often fascinated by the forms and shades of the ash of my cigar.

Yesterday, I spotted something very interresting while smoking a non cuban cigar a friend brought me from Miami.

As I reached the sweet spot of my stick, I saw some weird little white spheres in the ash. About 10 of them.

I told myself that it probably was a colony of the little insects every cigar smoker fears, knowing that these eggs are often present in cigars.

I just never had a chance to see something like this.

Anyway, I found the thing very interresting and wanted to share with you folks

So, from your point of view, are these tobacco beetle eggs?

Anyway, this just re-inforced the fact that I freeze every cigar that comes into my house before putting it into one of my humis :)

post-13436-0-62556900-1394637699_thumb.j

post-13436-0-12981200-1394637719_thumb.j

These are dragon eggs. If you relight the cigar they will hatch and you'll be the happy father of several dragons. Maybe you can marry Emilia Clarke?

Ha! Somebody's been watching too much "Game of Thrones!"

Winter is coming . . . lookaround.gif

The good news is ; That is NOT beetle eggs in the ash ( I went back to verify in Mallis Handbook of Pest Control, Tenth Edition) which is our Bible in the Bug Business, and did not find any resemblance. Hope that helps. 2thumbs.gif

A bit late but:

The eggs are white oval microscopic size that are undetectable to the human eye. The are laid in batches of between 10 and 100 at a time. The eggs hatch in 7 to 10 days into the larvae stage.

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/info-cigars.aspx#Cigar_Pests_&_Problems