Nice / Monaco / Sanremo / Genoa

I'll be in this part of the world for vacation soon and would like to hear members input on

what smokes to hunt for and what to stay away from. I sometimes fall back on the old tried

and true smokes (Reg. Production) and stay away from the LE's or RE's. I will keep

an open mind and listen to members input. I know that for these 2 or 3 countries (including Monaco)

there has to be some very good RE's and LE's out there. Also if any members know where

the tabac shops are in any of these places would appreciate the input. Thank you.

I can tell you where NOT to shop: The Davidoff store in Monaco (unless you like moldy, rancid, overhumidified cigars).

There are several good civettes (tobacco shops) in Nice, and one bad that systematically scams tourists who don't know the legal, fixed french prices.

Give me the time to look at my …errr… documentation…

You should be able to find the Quai d'Orsay Belicoso Royal RE that recently made its apparition…

I can tell you where NOT to shop: The Davidoff store in Monaco (unless you like moldy, rancid, overhumidified cigars).

You forgot 'expensive' as well . . . :P

There are several good civettes (tobacco shops) in Nice, and one bad that systematically scams tourists who don't know the legal, fixed french prices.

Give me the time to look at my …errr… documentation…

I think I know the one you mean. I recall getting your help a few years ago when the guy had ripped me off by charging E25 for a E17 Libertador :(

Sadly, I didn't know about the fixed prices until it was to late

You should be able to find the Quai d'Orsay Belicoso Royal RE that recently made its apparition…

WANT WANT WANT!!!!

In Nice you have:

Les Pergolas 19, promenade des Anglais (just before le Palais de la Meditéranée

)Flamme et Fumé 16, Avenue Felix Faure (near the tram station on place Massena), is it this one Small Club were talking about?

Le Smoking who is actually in the outskirts of Nice at Carrefour LingostièreIn

Antibes you have:

Le Havane at Carrefour Antibes

There's one near Place Charles de Gaulle (but i know the owner changed so don't know if the new owner went on taking good care of cigars)

You have also one in Vintimiglia in Italy just with the vintage as their humidor is too wet i saw a box of Monte C almost 4 years ago that have been ruined by this unfair treatment.

It's been almost 4 years that i didn't came back to France, but the best i found at this time was Les Pergolas (the owner didn't know about cigars but was kind and concern to have a good conservation of the vitolas, not a huge choice though but correct) and Flamme et Fumé (probably the biggest choice in Nice downtown, the conservation is ok, but if the owner didn't he's a typical "a bit cunning" Nissart (that's how the people from Nice call themselves)).As for the others it's been too long i left France for having a worthy opinion, though the ones in the Carrefour were quite good (for choice and conservation) 10 years ago.

Globally expect that the cigar will be too moist in France.