Sub is optional, this is an example of high end audiophile gear. Your budget gets you pretty good stuff.

One of the best rated value sound bars is the Pioneer SP-SB23W. with a sub. $300.

I personnally have a full 5.1 surround upstairs combo with polk audio speakers and Yamaha A/V amp. My porch I run a Philips bluetooth sound bar with a sub. Decent for $200.

Main gear for music playing it loud is a pair of JBL L7's powered by Rotel separates.

Sub is optional, this is an example of high end audiophile gear. Your budget gets you pretty good stuff.

One of the best rated value sound bars is the Pioneer SP-SB23W. with a sub. $300.

I personnally have a full 5.1 surround upstairs combo with polk audio speakers and Yamaha A/V amp. My porch I run a Philips bluetooth sound bar with a sub. Decent for $200.

Main gear for music playing it loud is a pair of JBL L7's powered by Rotel separates.

You only do sound bars when you can't put a center speaker. The B & W sound bar is OK better then everything else out there but not the best bang for your buck setup.

Your best startup setup with the easy option to expand later on would be a Denon/ Marantz AVR powering these Focal's ( http://www.musicdirect.com/p-4917-focal-chorus-714v-tower-speakers-pr.aspx ). Then when you have the budget, add a Velodyne 8in sub for the room your size and you will have sound so clear it will be shocking....

Focals, Thiels, Wilson Audio make some of the best speakers on the planet. Those low line Focals can easily compete with speakers in the 10K range...