Her

dafrey23

So the Mrs. and I went and saw Her Saturday evening. Here's what we thought...

Her

Cast

Theodore Twombly - Joaquin Phoenix

Samantha - Scarlett Johansson

Amy - Amy Adams

Synopsis

The story of a man (Joaquin Phoenix) who divorces his wife. In his search for a new woman he purchases a new operating system for his computer which is designed around artificial intelligence that can "learn" about you to better serve you. He forms a strangely close relationship with this operating system.

Review - 4-1/2/5 stars

It's an interesting look into what could be the future of computers honestly. While a touch on the long side it was really good. I would expect to see quite a few of the operating system ideas proposed in this movie implemented into Windows and Apple computers as well as mobile devices relatively soon.

Watched this last week, greatly acted and directed but I couldn't take the concept seriously at all, which spoilt the enjoyment for me. I really hope this isn't a glimpse into the future because its a pretty sad and lonely place.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not thinking people will become attached to their computers emotionally like this. But I do think we will begin to interact with our computers more like this where we speak and they do things. The dictation thing alone would be wonderful for me at work. I know there's software that can do this now, but it's not nearly as seamless as this. And telling the computer to search through my emails and find which ones I can delete would be pretty cool. There's just some interesting functionality and interface ideas in there that I think will become reality as we all know Apple and Microsoft and Google are always looking for new ideas.

I really hope this isn't a glimpse into the future because its a pretty sad and lonely place.

I agree...BUT, wonder if it is a good thing for those people who are lonely and or alone?

Someone/thing to talk to, interact with rather than live in a quiet home all alone.

There's an awful lot of elderly who have no family, even younger people. I wonder.. :)