Ken: Read this....

http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=27086

Now, make no bones about it... Some of the aforementioned artists in this article are May favourite rappers ever, rap and hip hop has never been without its detractors however it's very refreshing to see a rock legend talk about the music I love with such esteem.

Springsteen who was recently awarded best live act on the planet by rolling stone magazine has gone on record to say he has great respect for the genre, and his knowledge is actually quite extensive no matter how much he try's to play it down.

Ken: I have a few albums I need you to hear! Lol

Bruce: he's a great guy!

http://www.hiphopdx....s=news&id=27086

Now, make no bones about it... Some of the aforementioned artists in this article are May favourite rappers ever, rap and hip hop has never been without its detractors however it's very refreshing to see a rock legend talk about the music I love with such esteem.

Springsteen who was recently awarded best live act on the planet by rolling stone magazine has gone on record to say he has great respect for the genre, and his knowledge is actually quite extensive no matter how much he try's to play it down.

Ken: I have a few albums I need you to hear! Lol

Bruce: he's a great guy!

he strikes me as the sort of guy who accepts all sorts of other styles of music and good on him for it. remember also, in a sense, part of his work. for me, life is too short and every time i listen to something second rate (and that is not aimed at these or any other artist in particular), means i lose the opportunity to listen to something fabulous for all time, no matter how often i've heard it. i'd much rather hear backstreets for the 500th time than something i don't like.

also might add that i have an old bootleg tape of bruce that a mate made in one of his small concerts - it was a small bruce with a few 100 job and of very poor quality but on it, he talks about why 'achy breaky heart' is such a great song - got a bit technical for me re just why it was so clever with the way the music worked but he was very positive about it. even played a short version. so he clearly enjoys a very wide range of music.

i usually only ever put on billy ray cyrus if rob won't go home and william shatner has failed to move him.

but many thanks for the link. interesting stuff.