RIP My Friend

RIP, Fergus McZippy

My Westy was my best friend and my Jeep co-pilot. He was always game for another ride, another hill, another stop for a beer and cigar with human friends.

Big dogs admired him. Little dogs looked at him as a God. My best friend, a rock star who has been around the world, christened him " The Most Bad Ass Dog on the Planet-All 25 Pounds of Him".

He will be sorely missed. Raise a glass and light a stogie......

Feel your pain.

My first dog lived to be 14, had a stroke right in front of me. Had to put him down 6 hours later.

He was the best pheasant dog ever.

Worst day of my life.

Now have three, one is going on 12, so another of those dreaded days is approaching.

I had to put my long-hair brown dachshund to sleep in May 2012. He was 16. I'd been stalling for a long time and had to finally give in. On the way to the site I nearly changed my mind to head back about four times. As of late 2013 a stray Jack Russell invited himself (that's right) into our lives just as he was doing in other people's yards, etc. I'd look out and find he was helping himself to my dachshund's old house and all. I said to him, "Who do you think you ARE!??" And he'd bark at us and ease out of the yard. Long story short he lives here now. My spiritual cousin commented, "He came into YOUR lives! He was meant to be with you!" And he's a great guy despite my constantly nicknaming him "Captain Crazy; Captain Destructo," etc., etc.

RIP, Fergus McZippy

Sorry to hear about your loss and I know how you feel. Had to put down my 15 year old Samoyed and a 12 year old orange tabby. Very, very difficult because a pet's love is genuine and unconditional....

Sorry to hear mate, it is always a hard time. We have a westy and I understand fully how big a personality your little fella had. They are great little dogs no question. I am sorry for your loss.

Thanks for all your condolences. As many of you know, there are dogs and then there are DOGS. Sometimes, you just get an incredible animal, with a connection that is almost indescribable. This one was joy incarnate. Those who met him were better for it, and he taught us how deeply a dog could love. We will move on, but it will be with another Westy.