89 retired (a thread for our Chicago bears fans)

Kidmac, that's what I was hoping to see!!! And to my fellow Chicago BOTL, feel free to PM me your address and I'll send you a cigar to celebrate, thanks for the responses and in the words of iron mike himself, "GO BEARS!"

I can't believe 72 still hasn't been retired for the fridge….the man with the record for the biggest Super Bowl ring size for those fat fingers!!

Even more surprising was when I visited Soldier field about 2 years ago and asked for a 72 perry shirt in the shop, the assistant (who was probably only about 22) just stared at me blankly even when I said "you know, the fridges shirt" they didn't have a single shirt in stock.

Ended up going to a place called the t-shirt deli up near linking park and getting a tops card of perry put on a t-shirt with fridge on the back….wore it to Ditkas place that evening where I was meeting some local friends to watch the game and have a burger and beers and the coach came up to me and said "nice shirt"….I was chuffed !

Kidmac, that's what I was hoping to see!!! And to my fellow Chicago BOTL, feel free to PM me your address and I'll send you a cigar to celebrate, thanks for the responses and in the words of iron mike himself, "GO BEARS!"

Sounds like we need to get a Chicago gathering of the FOH going!

I can't believe 72 still hasn't been retired for the fridge….the man with the record for the biggest Super Bowl ring size for those fat fingers!!

Even more surprising was when I visited Soldier field about 2 years ago and asked for a 72 perry shirt in the shop, the assistant (who was probably only about 22) just stared at me blankly even when I said "you know, the fridges shirt" they didn't have a single shirt in stock.

Ended up going to a place called the t-shirt deli up near linking park and getting a tops card of perry put on a t-shirt with fridge on the back….wore it to Ditkas place that evening where I was meeting some local friends to watch the game and have a burger and beers and the coach came up to me and said "nice shirt"….I was chuffed !

and yet another outstanding story! yeah, the fridge isn't the most endearing character form 85 but that says a lot about that team because there were many "characters".... I actually just found the "ditka t-shirt" like the pic I posted above at a website called crosstowntees.com... must own! no fridge t-shirts, though, heheheheh....

Sounds like we need to get a Chicago gathering of the FOH going!

that sounds like an awesome plan, if they get into the playoffs I would fly back to chicago for this in a heartbeat.... oh hell, I'd fly out to hang with you guys regardless... my kind of town

Ryan .500 career

Ditka .560 career

Really thats your argument! ! He won his division 6 out of 10 seasons with the bears. Coach of the Year 2x. And has 3 Super Bowl rings as a coach. So at least look in to that .560 number and not be a complete bonehead. And this coming from a die hard Giants fan and a football fan which I assume you are not?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk