Mystery German cigar

A guy at work gave me this cigar, he said he once found it in amongst his Dads things (mind you, this guy is in his 40's) so I have no idea how old this thing is or if it's worth a pinch of crap.

It still smells alright, quite rich actually, feels well constructed.

I've got it sitting in my humidor to try and bring it back to life, if there is such a thing.

If anyone has any idea what it is I'd be keen to know.

Best I can tell is that it's from the Wolsdorff tobacco company which apparently went into liquidation in 1929. Don't know if the brand continued production so I can't say for sure that this cigar might be from pre 29.

post-15948-0-33216000-1386380161_thumb.j

post-15948-0-39254200-1386380189_thumb.j

post-15948-0-23518700-1386380214_thumb.j

post-15948-0-89068700-1386380241_thumb.j

Nino will know.

Nino couldn't find anything looking.gif -

not in this comprehensive list of cigars :

http://mein-kleiner-rauchsalon.de/marke01_zigarren.htm

I suggest you work yourself through this 100 year celebration brochure of the Emil Wolsdorff cigar company :

http://www.werbeteam-hamburg.de/pdf/wolsdorff.pdf

BTW : The company still exists and has franchise stores all over Germany...

Thanks Nino for the PDF.

Great fun working my way through that, although in German, some of the pics were pretty cool.

The only close resemblance to the band on the cigar I have is sitting along side 91-92.

Although in the PDF the band is green where as the one I have is red, it's the closest in terms of design on the band.

If that's the case, it's most certainly the oldest cigar I have.

I was pretty much thinking that the band looks in far too good of a condition to be 60 or 70 odd years old, even though the tube looks pretty beat up.

My housemate and I used Google translate to read the message on the tube and it says something about "pure overseas tobacco". Any idea if it's Cuban?

Thanks Nino for the PDF.

Great fun working my way through that, although in German, some of the pics were pretty cool.

The only close resemblance to the band on the cigar I have is sitting along side 91-92.

Although in the PDF the band is green where as the one I have is red, it's the closest in terms of design on the band.

If that's the case, it's most certainly the oldest cigar I have.

I was pretty much thinking that the band looks in far too good of a condition to be 60 or 70 odd years old, even though the tube looks pretty beat up.

My housemate and I used Google translate to read the message on the tube and it says something about "pure overseas tobacco". Any idea if it's Cuban?

It says :

"Pure overseas tobaccos give the cigar the exquisite aroma. Specially mild"

My guess is that it is either Brazil or most likely Sumatra tobacco, the "dry" cigars as were/are popular and used here.

The tube might not correspond to the cigar, just my impression.

I'd put it in the 1970's age range.