partagas d4

BigE514

I've seen plenty of legit boxes with both curved and diagonal cuts, it's just Cuba being Cuba!

The problem is that many people/websites point to a straight diagonal cut as a potential sign of fakes which it is not.

Smoke and enjoy!

If a fake artist ever produced cigars so flawless that the only thign suspect was the manner in which they cut the cedar divider, they deserve the money they get for the box they sold!!

Take your aluminium hat off and enjoy the cigars mate party.gifsmile.png Lifes too short to stress smile.png

interesting to know box code of box w/straight cut cedar,possibly it is one factory.

have seen both cuts,but not as many straight cuts........maybe 3 or 4........

Guys, take Lord Anubis' advice. If you're going to judge a cigar fake or authentic based soley on the cut that's on the cedar sheet, then having an interest in cuban cigars is going to have you questioning every second box you buy. Buy from a trusted source (who uses a trusted distributor) and never bother about checking for authenticity ever again.

The last time I looked at my cigars and questioned authenticity was 2008.... And it's been a great, stress free time ever since.

• 3 weeks later...

last three boxes I have opened have ALL had the cedar cut straight across.All 3 from 2012,choix,sancho non plus,and boli pc..... jun,jul and sep 12.........

agreed, cut on cedar is definitely not an indicator of authenticity.

If you are questioning quality/authenticity, just buy from Rob in future, problem solved

• Like 1