warehouse humidification

meatball41

With all the effort we put into properly storing our beloved smokes I began to wonder how proper humidity is maintained during the warehouse storage phase of the cigar supply chain. How do you humidify a commercial warehouse? Or is it not needed because the stock is constantly moving out to customers on a regular basis?

With all the effort we put into properly storing our beloved smokes I began to wonder how proper humidity is maintained during the warehouse storage phase of the cigar supply chain. How do you humidify a commercial warehouse? Or is it not needed because the stock is constantly moving out to customers on a regular basis?

Our warehouse uses commercial Honeywell systems to control both humidity and temp. It is the same setup as most commercial private wine storage facilities. We also have plumbed in dehumidifier units set at 68% RH. At times when it rains for a week or two on end, they prove flawless in taking the excess moisture out of the air.

Our warehouse uses commercial Honeywell systems to control both humidity and temp. It is the same setup as most commercial private wine storage facilities. We also have plumbed in dehumidifier units set at 68% RH. At times when it rains for a week or two on end, they prove flawless in taking the excess moisture out of the air.

Good to hear you're taking well care of my little bambinos mate!

... data log please!!! -LOL

I proffer that warehouse storage is far less critical than personal preference storage. Cigars can survive in a rather broad range of conditions and no one is caring for them as the move from a cold cargo hold to steaming tarmac.

It is always good to hear that your vendor cares for his stock and it is important to all parties. Smoking stock preference on the other hand is a personal thing. Months in your preferred storage may be in line to 'finish' the cigar to your tastes. I don't believe a vendor is either capable of nor should be responsible for delivering stock adjusted for every customers percent water content tastes. This would be an impossible task and unreasonable to expect.

I would wager that Rob keeps his cigar far better than they are treated in Cuba as most of us will treat our personal cigars with better (perhaps preferred would be a better word) care than most vendors.

Cheers! -pig.gif

... data log please!!! -LOL

I proffer that warehouse storage is far less critical than personal preference storage. Cigars can survive in a rather broad range of conditions and no one is caring for them as the move from a cold cargo hold to steaming tarmac.

It is always good to hear that your vendor cares for his stock and it is important to all parties. Smoking stock preference on the other hand is a personal thing. Months in your preferred storage may be in line to 'finish' the cigar to your tastes. I don't believe a vendor is either capable of nor should be responsible for delivering stock adjusted for every customers percent water content tastes. This would be an impossible task and unreasonable to expect.

I would wager that Rob keeps his cigar far better than they are treated in Cuba as most of us will treat our personal cigars with better (perhaps preferred would be a better word) care than most vendors.

Cheers! -pig.gif

I agree 100% ! I would also venture to say that, based on Rob's attention to his customers and FOH, he's putting more effort and attention into proper storage than "the other guys". I'm new to FOH and have been truely impressed by the dedication of the FOH team and the expert members here. It's always a pleasure to log in and see what's happening in the world of habanos.