Habanos Releases Montecristo Petit No.2 -

Hopefully your right.

I do find myself looking at new releases these days with a raised eyebrow. While Habanos can and still does make amazing cigars they do seem to have a high miss rate with new releases/LE's where what may have been seen as a good idea in the drawing room in reality falls short!

I think they have been doing quite well, meeting my demands. Ok a few new ones has been of - but some of the best cigars i've had is hu RR, mc 520, rg perlas, ra allones extra, ra superiores, party c3, mc ge, hu hc! and I must say im quite excited about most of the new stuff

• 1 month later...

Are we assuming these are the same blend as a #2 or did they actually say they are the same blend as a #2?

Pardon my skepticism, but we've been down this road before where the smaller size of a current larger format stick tastes different and it's invariably blamed on the sizing of the vitola for it's different flavor ....not the blend.

I saw them on an online vendor for USD133 for a box of 10. They were sold out in less than a week with a one box per customer limit. Priced higher than the regular monte 2s....no thanks.

I saw them on an online vendor for USD133 for a box of 10. They were sold out in less than a week with a one box per customer limit. Priced higher than the regular monte 2s....no thanks.

That is about right. There certainly appears to be an upward push on pricing on all the new releases. I am about to put up 2 boxes of 10 for $250 in order to save on shipping cost as there is bugger all margin on these.