Chopper Read

Mark Brandon Chopper Read died today of liver cancer (which in true chopper style he maintains was as a result of contracting hepatitis after being stabbed in Pentridge prison).

I deliberately didn't put RIP in the title as not being an australian I'm somewhat removed from the effects of his criminal activities and I doubt he will be going to a place where peaceful rest is involved!

Although he killed other criminals and drug dealers, these were still somebodies son brother etc.

However, chopper never let the truth get in the way of a good story and I've often laughed out loud reading his books, as apart from the homocidal tendencies he seems to have been a funny bloke!

Michael Jackson was a peadophile and millions of people love his music.

Chopper read was a murderer and his book is a best-seller.

Nevertheless he was an entertaining bloke, despite his shortcomings he will probably be missed by many.

Drink in Collingwood every now and then and if he couldn't get a Parma at the bar he was gone. He decided not to take a transplant because he believed he didn't deserve one. Strong character takes death on the chin with no complaints. He took the hand that was dealt.