Habanos SA bar code verification question.

BH2876

So here's the question, you buy a box from a vendor, everything looks right, seals unbroken, barcode, hologram etc...

You go to the Habanos SA website and punch in the bar code, it verifies the box is legitimate. Is there still a chance it could be fake? I mean couldn't a counterfeiter get a barcode off of a box of say PD4's and then just keep reusing it and making fake seals with the same barcode?

Who would know, a guy buys one in this country that country they all punch in the same barcode and it comes back legit.

I know I've heard the saying "trust your vendor" but as there is a grey area for Habanos I also believe there is grey area as far as trust goes sometimes when it comes to the almighty dollar.

You go to the Habanos SA website and punch in the bar code, it verifies the box is legitimate. Is there still a chance it could be fake? I mean couldn't a counterfeiter get a barcode off of a box of say PD4's and then just keep reusing it and making fake seals with the same barcode?

Who would know, a guy buys one in this country that country they all punch in the same barcode and it comes back legit.

The new seals, especially with the seals now containing micro printing of the barcode number...are much harder to fake.....but yes they can be faked. That's why there is no single way to confirm if a cigar is genuine or not.

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/fakes.htm

• 2 weeks later...

I have never seen a fake box that was so perfect that I had to go to the website and check out the barcode.

Believe me ,if a faker could get it down to the barcode he could figure that out as well.

Usually fakes have something basic wrong with them.I have even seen perfect looking sticks in a box format that was wrong.

One box was a 2007 LE with a 2010 date stamp on it.

And even then if you smoke one it would be easy enough to tell............

*I always figured they took a legitimate box - empty...then dumped their Dominican La Unicas in there w/fake bands thinking.gif