Door seal on wineador

Webbo

A quick plea for advice guys. Set up a 18bt baumatic as a wineador ( non of the more frequently used brands where available here in Eastern Europe). Have set it up with 1.5lb of RH beads. What worries me is that the magnetic seal on the door is not that tight, particularly one top corner where it just about touches. No amount of adjusting the hinges really helps. Should I be worried? How tight should the door seal be to maintain a stable RH?

Thanks Louich. Sorry if this sounds a little dense but could you expand a little please? How would I do this, heat the seal (that's attached to the door) with the hair dryer then try and pull it out in the corner a little till it fits better?

The hair dryer idea is a good one.

I have built many humidors out of commercial wine coolers. These seals are very pliable. I am always testing items in my many coolers and often have cables running in and out of doors as a matter of convenience. Now my humidors are actively controlled so I don't mind a little gap or two.

More to the point, I have run cables though the door seals for years. Remove the cable and the seal settles in under its own on most occasions.

I typically remove doors when I build an appliance for someone and I often lean the door against some foam in the shop. Sometimes these seals get tweaked a bit, but one has never taken a permanent set in my case.

Cheers -the Pig