Construction Issues with 2001 Cigars

A friend of mine has just picked me up a couple of cigars on his way to Aus from 2001

I know that 2001 wasnt a great year for construction but i was curious if i was as bad as people say it was.

If anyone has had any experence with 2001 cigars, Mainly Diplomatico and Montecristo, I was curious of how the construction was?

I'd hate to think i've got a box full of tent pegs on the way

Thanks guys

I've had a few from 2001 including some LGCs, Montes, and Dips, and all have been fine with no construction issues but we are probably talking about a sample of 10 cigars. I know that 1999 and 2000 were questionable years and from what I have read, early 2001 had some construction issues as well. Again, I am sure there are more knowledgable people who can help you out but my experience with 2001 has been good

I can agree with above that select montes I have had from 00-01 are memorable cigars I have the pleasure of smoking. Also, have purchased a few boxes of Diplo no 1 from 01 in past that all smoked outstandingly. The occasional dunce in the box but that is to be expected with any given vintage. Honestly, atleast from my experience- there is so much mystery around these years about poor quality cigars and I have yet to experience a horrifying one. Sure some have sucked but some suck nowadays too. I was in love with boxes around that time I own: Diplo no 1s, monte DC 01, monte no 4 and 3, and monte tubo