New logo on box of LGC.

Just received a box of LGC Medaille d'or no.4 and noticed they seemed to have changed the box logo's. Until recently they've always had "CEG" in the middle of the logo (Never figured out what it actually stood for) but now it seems they have changed it to LCG... (I can figure that one out LOL)

Maybe a good sign the remaining 2 vitola's from this marca ain't going anywhere soon, and hopefully more to return, one can only hope. smile.png

I'll try to get a picture posted later tonight.

I could be wrong but Cuba started removing all traces of individual's names on bands a few years ago, Punch bands stand out in my memory. Maybe it's a continuation of this?

Thank's CQ, I wasn't aware of that. What did the original "CEG" letters stand for?

I really enjoy this marca, even though they can be hard to get hold of sometimes. Would love to see the no.1 and 3 make a come back.

The odds of seeing the #1 and #3 again are slim...about the same odds on Partagas SdC line, #1/2/3

Its a shame. Would love to see those back too, I don't think Partagas even has a single skinny left now which is odd considering its one of the most popular and well known marcas.

Thank's CQ, I wasn't aware of that. What did the original "CEG" letters stand for?

I really enjoy this marca, even though they can be hard to get hold of sometimes. Would love to see the no.1 and 3 make a come back.

I've no idea lol, I'm guessing the initials of the original owner or company from before the revolution, hence the removal before embargo ends and family descendents of the original owners kick up ownership issues

I've no idea lol, I'm guessing the initials of the original owner or company from before the revolution, hence the removal before embargo ends and family descendents of the original owners kick up ownership issues

I believe that's correct. It's for "La Gloria Cubana de Cifuentes es German" [Francisco Pérez Germán], or something like that, if I recall correctly. I think it's in the MRN Encyclopaedia or in the Rius "Great Habanos Factories" book (don't have them with me currently). It the main two owners names or so. Francisco Pérez Germán is also the proper factory name for Partagas, where LGC is made, so that's likely a part of it.

Again, I'm not at all 100% on that, but it's along those lines if I recall that correctly.