Larger RG cigars produce a more complex flavor

I think this all rests on the assumption that more different types of tobacco means more complexity, and there is more room for different leaves in a large RG cigar. I think that each leaf can have its own considerable complexity without a huge amount of intervention by blenders.

I realize this is different, but I think about the situation like I think about coffee. Some of my favorite coffees, actually most if not all, are not blends but beans picked from single farms. In fact, my favorite coffee, Guatemala Acatenago Gesha, comes from a single farm and is itself a single variety. I have never tasted a bean with more complexity than this one, and each cup you brew is about as homogeneous from a variety of beans standpoint as you can get.

This being said, I used to make the same assumption that larger ring gauges allow more complexity, but that assumption simply hasn't been borne out by my experience.

Low smoke pisses me off, but I don't like wind tunnels. I love variety in what I smoke from lons dales to dukes. Variety is the spice of life.

This reminds me of a food analogy, we eat with our eyes first.

I find a good volume of smoke makes the experience more enjoyable.

Given two identical cigars I would prefer the one with a greater volume of smoke.

Does this visual change my peception of taste and flavour, I assume so.

I strongly prefer the smaller ring gauge cigars. I don't usually smoke anything larger than 50rg although a 52rg siglo vi or a grand edmundo works as well.

I tend to gravitate toward robustos and corona gordas with some lonsdales and petit coronas as well.