Air Purifiers

I didn't want to jack a previous thread so I thought I'd start a fresh one.

Has anyone got any recommendations or experiences with Air Purifiers?

Are they worth the money?

I'm about to move into my new house and I'd like to be able to smoke inside on an occasional basis. My living room is fairly big but I dont have dimensions. If I find one that people have had good experiences with and its not big enough I'll just look at getting two (or three)

An exhaust fan is not an option for this place so something I can mount on my wall or place on my coffee table looks like me best bet

I have been using the Csonka ozonator, the Smoker Cloaker. It works great. Odor of smoke is gone the next morning.

There is some concern about the effect of ozone on lung function, so I don't run it until after I've left the place where I'm smoking.

The next day, it smells like a thunder shower. I open a window and within 5 minutes the room is odorless.

Similar to teh Csonka one, I think the Rabbit Air purifier does the same thing - neutralizes the smoke with ozone. I've read and heard a fair amount of good things about the Rabbit Air units. They're really sharp looking and fit into any decor, as well.

Depending on how my garage / man-cave needs evolve, and once it's all finished up with an insulated garage door and the heater and everything, my plan might lead to one of these units. Right now, the 150 cfm whisper-quiet exhaust fan is more than enough to keep up with things, but I usually have to open the door for a bit the next day to get the "stink" out. If these ozone neutralizers help with that, that'd be right up my alley. Expensive though, so it'd be a final addition to the plans.

With the health aspects of ozone and having dogs I am currently using a Whirlpool Whispure air 510 as a room purifier. It is quiet, removes the smoke quiet weil for the size of the room (20 x 20).

What it doesnt do is remove the aroma. Disposing of the dead soldiers nightly and a Gold Canyon candle works reasonably well. If we notice strong odors we use Fabreeze. lol3.gif