R&J Churchill - current quality

Pulled out one of my last few R&J Churchills tonight and expectation were over optimistically high. Great flavors, terrible construction.. Got annoyed and pitched it, draw was way too tight. I believe this was an 03.

Have these gotten any better? I really used to love them. I havent picked any in long time after going through boxes of ridiculous plug rates.

Is it worth trying new stock or are these not what they used to be pre 98?

Bought some from another vendor a couple of weeks ago (box of 10; date SOE DIC 11) which were pretty good.

The vendor made a mistake and sent the reg. churchills instead of the short churchills I ordered/wanted. No matter

it all worked out and I payed RyJ short churchill prices for the org. long churchill. cheers

I bought a HQ box a couple of months ago, It was a '12 box date. Simply amazing, I had almost wrote off R+J.

Rob also said in last week's LFTW he likes whats coming from R+J of late, and seems to be having somewhat of a revival.

I bought a HQ box a couple of months ago, It was a '12 box date. Simply amazing, I had almost wrote off R+J.

Rob also said in last week's LFTW he likes whats coming from R+J of late, and seems to be having somewhat of a revival.

That's good to hear. I enjoy the profile, just can't be bothered with the issues. There are times I can go months between cigars so when I reach for one I want it to be on.