cigar terms and abbreviations

Is there a a good list of these available here or elsewhere?

And what does WFH mean?

Thanks

Is there a a good list of these available here or elsewhere?

And what does WFH mean?

Thanks

Not sure if there is a particular resource that shows all the abbreviations. Trevor's website (cubancigarwebsite.com) is a great resource. To learn the abbreviations we use to describe cc's (Cuban cigars-there's one for you), such as BRC (Bolivar Royal Corona), or HDC (Hoyo Double Corona), you may want to put the link to Trevor's website on your desktop for quick access and click on the "brands" tab to locate a cigar that is described by abbreviation. I did a lot of that, and now its second nature.

Hope that helps a little.

Is semi and demi the same in French? I would have called 1/2 boxes by demi and not semi. I am thinking demi is more appropriate? Any French speaker to clarify?

I do not think "semi" denotes 1/2 boxes. You can have Semi Boite boxes containing 10, 12, 24, 25, or 50 sticks. I believe it is used to differentiate from the Boite boxes, the difference being hinges, sealing collar and clasps (all from Trev's site... I know nothing jester.gif

Rick

I do not think "semi" denotes 1/2 boxes. You can have Semi Boite boxes containing 10, 12, 24, 25, or 50 sticks. I believe it is used to differentiate from the Boite boxes, the difference being hinges, sealing collar and clasps (all from Trev's site... I know nothing jester.gif

Rick

It has nothing to do with "1/2boxes".

The 2 words are synonyms but "semi" is often used as "partially". A semi boîte nature is a "partially" boîte nature (no varnish, no sealing-collars).

A semi automatic gear box means a partially automatic gear box…