bruce fans only

yes, bugger off, rob.

in honour of the forthcoming concerts (i have tickets for the hunter and brizzy - was hoping for a second brizzy concert and also melbourne but no luck yet), i dug out the set lists (http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/bruce-springsteen-2bd6dcce.html) from previous bruce concerts i have made, as best as i recall.

anyone else any lists?

brizzy solo 1997

melbourne 2003

brizzy 2003

melbourne 2013

1. Long Walk Home

2. Radio Nowhere

3. My Love Will Not Let You Down

4. Better Days
    (Tour Premiere)

5. We Take Care of Our Own

6. Wrecking Ball

7. Death to My Hometown

8. Out in the Street

9. Factory

10. Lost in the Flood

11. High Hopes
    (The Havalinas cover)

12. Does This Bus Stop at 82nd Street?

13. Candy's Room
    (sign request)

14. Youngstown

15. Murder Incorporated

16. Pay Me My Money Down
    (The Weavers cover)

17. I'm Goin' Down

18. Shackled and Drawn

19. Waitin' on a Sunny Day

20. The Rising

21. The Ghost of Tom Joad

22. Badlands
  23. Encore:

24. Jungleland

25. Born to Run

26. Dancing in the Dark

27. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out

28. American Land

ps - interesting that this tour is apparently just australia and one in nz. normally we can tacked on. perhaps he really did enjoy himself as much as he said. i did read where a rolling stone journo who has covered him for 30 years said that the aussie concerts earlier this year were the best he has done. eaasy to believe. the melbourne one i saw was unbelievable. still get thrills and goosebumps.

Just got confirmation of my stage front tickets. Can't wait for the great man. If Silvio Dante makes the trip it would really top it off. I can only hope this tour is as good as everyone says his 2013 shows were

I am spewing never seen Bruce,love his music all concerts in Perth immediately sold out ,let's hope he films a DVD on this tour

Just got confirmation of my stage front tickets. Can't wait for the great man. If Silvio Dante makes the trip it would really top it off. I can only hope this tour is as good as everyone says his 2013 shows were

you mean stevie van zandt?

yes, he is listed as coming.

only reason he missed earlier this year was he was off filming that dodgy scandinavian series.

mate from perth said they were gone in 15 minutes. so he booked melbourne and will fly across.

Update one of the boys from the Perth crew has a spare ticket HAPPY DAYS

P.S thanks Magnus :-)

Great list from '85 Ken, brings back a lot of memories......saw him in Tampa, March '12, still puts on a great show........was a little sad during tenth avenue freeze out when the big man wasn't there, but had one of his sons come play. enjoy the show!

This was fun. I ran through the shows I can remember going to (and have bootleg recordings of innocent.gif ). I came up with this. Brings back alot of nice memories. The 1988 show is probably the most fun one I've been to after this year's Melbourne show. 88 he also had a horn section with him and did a lot of spontaneous stuff, just like he's doing now. The 1992 show was the first ever with the new band after E-Street and sucked. The only time I've actually seen Bruce annoyed on stage. With the band, the sound, the effects not working etc...

interesting yours shows 'do you love me' because i can remember him playing that in brizzy in 85 as clear as if it was today but not shown.

i gather he got grumpy in sydney in 03 because everything broke down. sound, stage, rain, you name it. wasn't there but friends said far from his best.

the first melbourne one in 03 was terrific (nowhere near as good as the one in 13) but he was not best pleased as that was the day the states invaded iraq. i would have sworn that he kicked off with 'war' but apparently not?? and for a while, he kept trying to get the crowd involved as he seemed to think they were not - in truth, they were but the stadium back then was huge and the way they had it set up gave that impression. 13 at rod laver could not have been more different.

also, think it is clarence's nephew, not son. but might be wrong.

interesting that the notes above have 'because the night' as a patti smith cover. -

"I'm on Fire

Because the Night (Patti Smith cover)

Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)".

i always thought it was a bruce original that he gave to smith and she reworked it a bit. it was intended for the 'darkness' album but didn't make the cut and bruce knew smith who was recording nearby so offered it to her (this could be myth but it is what i have always understood). it appears on 'the promise' which is basically a double album of the best of what didn't make 'darkness'.

the song i would most like to hear, that i have yet heard, is 'for you'! outstanding.

candy's room been a huge fave since the first day i heard it.

and he played it earlier this year. amazing.

my fave ever soprano's moment was when sil and tony are in the club waiting for christopher and he is late. lots of 'where the F is he?' etc, as you'd imagine. finally he walks in and tony looks at him and says 'where the F you been? why the F are you so late?'

christopher doesn't miss a beat - "highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive".

sil and tony just go, 'oh, okay' and shrug and move on.

nothing else said. no reference to its origins.

priceless.