Dryboxing

Yipdar

• 2 weeks later...

I always dry box at least 24 hr prior to smoking. However, I also beat box, so what do I know???

Do you have an empty cab (not dress box) of cigars? Maybe an empty BHK box or EPI 2 or any of the Siglo boxes? You can use those.

Are you finding that your cigars are overhumidified for your liking? I don't dry box at all, I just adjust my humi the way I like it depending on the season and I'm good to go. Skipping that uneccessary (imo) middle step.

I'm finding that some of the cigars are smoking a little wet. But overall I have enjoyed every cigar I've smoked after sitting in my humi for a week or so. Obviously I've had ones that are better than others. Currently I'm smoking a PSD4 that I'm finding to be burning uneven and having to relight a couple of times, but still a good cigar, but I do know that doesn't really mean its over humidified. I've had a couple of these that have been sitting in there with it and have smoked beautifully without any problem. I'm just wondering as I'd like to try dry boxing a cigar and see if it is to my liking and maybe I would do it every now and then. Another thing though is that I basically smoke when I have time, and don't really plan it, so I don't want to take a cigar out, dry box it and just have to put it back in the humi because I couldn't get time to smoke. And I'm still experimenting a little with how I like my cigars RH wise. At the moment I've been enjoying my cigars at 68%, and once this boveda pack dies I'm going to try 65% and see how that goes.

And no I don't have any other boxes laying around just yet, unfortunately but that will change in time.

dry boxing can be helpful, but it takes a few weeks for a cigar to acclimate to a different r/h%....this is why you should let cigars "rest" in your humi one week for every day of travel, plus some smoke shops usually overhumidify their cigars so they don't dry out in transit. The longer you can let em rest, maybe a few months, the better they will smoke......of course you need to know what r/h% u like to smoke your cigars at, for me its ~60%......takes some trial and error, but you'll figure it out.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never done the dry boxing thing but was thinking of seeing how that might effect the taste of my cigars. My problem is that the ambient humidity in Hong Kong is 85%. Anyone have ways to dry box in Southeast Asia?

Hey man hope not too late to help out just getting started on Forum. For dryboxing I recommend my mates techinique... an empty cigar box / glass food container..something airtight etc and a boveda bag 60% or Less is avail to purchase. Place your cigar in there till you think its ready. the low humidity will suck all the humidity out of your stick till your ready?

AJ