Best movie I've seen in 2013

Skyfall

Mud is the best movie I've seen in 2013 and one of the best movies I can recall in recent years. It was a limited release movie but with fairly A list cast. Rotten Tomatoes has it at a positive 98%.

Mud is an adventure about two boys, Ellis and his friend Neckbone, who find a man named Mud hiding out on an island in the Mississippi. Mud describes fantastic scenarios-he killed a man in Texas and vengeful bounty hunters are coming to get him. He says he is planning to meet and escape with the love of his life, Juniper, who is waiting for him in town. Skeptical but intrigued, Ellis and Neckbone agree to help him. It isn't long until Mud's visions come true and their small town is besieged by abeautiful girl with a line of bounty hunters in tow.

Matthew McConaughey is fantastic in this film.

mud-poster.jpg

http://youtu.be/Pv30J05U2nI

I don't remember seeing any trailers or any info at all about this movie, will have to look into it. Thanks for the "heads up"

• 2 weeks later...

Yes not perfect but the best of the year. Keep an eye on Michael Shannon

I said that about Shannon going into The Iceman, but I was very disappointed. He was pretty good in Premium Rush and excellent in Take Shelter!

I thought Matt's performance in this was fantastic, but after seeing the trailer for Dallas Buyers Club, I think he may top it.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=108219

I said that about Shannon going into The Iceman, but I was very disappointed. He was pretty good in Premium Rush and excellent in Take Shelter!

I think The Iceman script was the problem. Superman was bad and he nearly saved it