Where to buy cigars on Paradise Island , Nassau Bahamas

I'm going to Paradise Island next week. Was wondering if anyone had any info on reputable cigar shops ?

I read that the Havana Humidor at the Atlantis Resort is a really good spot . I can only imagine the prices there. This is my 4th trip and everything is over priced . Also there's a nice Restaurant called the Poop Deck , that gets over looked across the bridge in Nassau , that might have some .

Anybody got a heads up ?

I know , take your own !

Unfortunately, I have made a few purchases at Havana Humidor over the years. While the high price was expected, the amount of over humidified tent pegs was not pleasant. Sitting in the sun and trying to puff one after another plugged cigars can damper your vacation... Definitely take your own.

On another note, I last stayed at The Cove in 2011. The whole resort is going downhill.

Been told by many that Bahamas is rife with counterfeit Cubans. Just like any other touristy destination for the most part. Definitely bring your own sticks with you , JMO

Been told by many that Bahamas is rife with counterfeit Cubans. Just like any other touristy destination for the most part. Definitely bring your own sticks with you , JMO

+1, Behind the Dominican Republic, Bahamas are a close 2nd in Cuban Counterfeits... They are everywhere... Enjoy your own stix...

I'm going to Paradise Island next . Was wondering if anyone had any info on reputable cigar shops ?

I read that the Havana Humidor at the Atlantis Resort is a really good spot . I can only imagine the prices there. This my 4th trip and everything is over priced . Also there's a nice Restaurant called the Poop Deck , that gets over looked across the bridge in Nassau , that might have some .

Anybody got a heads up ?

I know , take your own !

Your best bet other than taking your own, will be Havana Humidor-Adam mgr.. The prices are high because most "things" are imported. Poop Deck is a nice place on Bay Street. The Cable Beach location managed by Frederick is much better place.

If you have any specfics, pm me.

enjoy

d

Been to One and Only resort a few times which is down the road for Atlantis. There is a good shop in Atlantis but the prices are insane. As far as shops around towns in any of the Bahamas the sticks are either counterfeit or so poorly kept they are not worth buying. The Bahamas is a 25 min flight from me and rule of thumb is always bring your own sticks!

Havana Humidor has legit sticks and prices are high. I was there 4 years ago when I was just getting into Cubans and purchased 4 cigars for around $100. A montecristo #2, cuaba el 2008 pirimides, partagas shorts, and a cohiba siglo 3. From what I remember they seemed to smoke fine. Caribbean cigars corporation is the exclusive distributor for Habanos S.A. and havana humidor is listed on their website as a place they distribute to.

Havana Humidor has legit sticks and prices are high. I was there 4 years ago when I was just getting into Cubans and purchased 4 cigars for around $100. A montecristo #2, cuaba el 2008 pirimides, partagas shorts, and a cohiba siglo 3. From what I remember they seemed to smoke fine. Caribbean cigars corporation is the exclusive distributor for Habanos S.A. and havana humidor is listed on their website as a place they distribute to.

Stayed at the Cove last year. Bought 10 BBF's for $200. The explanation for the high price was that the government has high import duty taxes on tobacco. The manager and I smoked in their leather chairs and the BBF I smoked was Great.

But if you eat lunch at the Cove, their menu has a few cc's on the back. I ordered a PSD4 and it smoked well, but it was pretty dried out. Would not do that again.

I bought a CoRo from HH back in 2011, and frankly, it was the best cigar I have ever smoked, to this day. I was in port on a cruise and smoked said CoRo on my verandah two nights later and it was simply magical. Now, even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then, and the price was simply outrageous. If you have the means, take your own and enjoy.

Thanks everyone for the feed back . I intend to take a few sticks with me but , I also want to take a look around and see what's out there . I haven't been since 2008 and I wasn't into cigars then. I can remember guys walking a round the beach trying to sell " Cuban" cigars . I knew better then and certainly know better now .

Also , everything that I've read on the Internet about Havana Humidor has been positive also . I guess like everything else , you have to take the good with the bad . I'm definitely gonna stop in and take a look .

As far the resort being run down , it was absolutely beautiful the last I was there . The white sand is manicured every morning and the ocean is gin clear next to the beach . The workers are friendly and respectful . My wife has been going there even before Atlantis was built . She liked it better then . It was more laid back and more tropical . The last time she was there was 2011 and she loved it .

We are taking our 8 yr old granddaughter , and I hope she has the time of her life . As for me , I'm going to enjoy myself watching her , and kick back with several good smokes .... Cheers !!

No beach buys for me ! The ocean isn't the only place where sharks swim !

Went to Atlantis a few years ago and had a great time. I did make a couple purchases at Havana Humidor, and although the prices were quite high, I enjoyed everything I got. Bringing your own is definitely the smart thing to do, but don't hesitate to have a look there as well.

Yeah, I thought Mexico and Costa Rica had a lot of counterfiets until I went to the Bahamas! Their fakes are almost comical. I didn't go to every store, but the only place I saw that had the genuine article was HH at Atlantis, but as mentioned earlier in this thread, bring your wallet. The prices were outrageous. If I remember correctly, two years ago when I went a Cohiba Behike 56 was 85 bucks!

Squali, your 8 year old granddaughter is going to Luv the water park! Enjoy and have fun! I'm very envious.

Thanks !

Yeah, I thought Mexico and Costa Rica had a lot of counterfiets until I went to the Bahamas! Their fakes are almost comical. I didn't go to every store, but the only place I saw that had the genuine article was HH at Atlantis, but as mentioned earlier in this thread, bring your wallet. The prices were outrageous. If I remember correctly, two years ago when I went a Cohiba Behike 56 was 85 bucks!

Could be worst, you could come to Montreal, Canada and pay more than 100 dollars for the Behike56. Taxes, gotta love them...