Plastic smell (I know...search is your friend), but

stogieluver

That is a new one on me. So it really works?

Wilkey

yup, think its the charcoal in the newspaper that removes the smell, not sure, but it works and saves on a lot of elbow grease

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's odd. I bought 2 of those exact same from The Container Store. I scrubbed mine with Ajax. Let it sit for 2days then put the beads in for 1 more day. 3rd day I put my sticks in no smell of plastic. I even asked my wife and she said she smells cigars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I've found that wiping the inside of the coolers down with Destilled Vinegar letting it set open outside for a couple of hours then washing it out with distilled water works perfectly every time. For what it's worth.

good call! Distilled white vinegar did wonders for my first coolidor cleanout. I filled the whole bottom of coolidor with the drainplug in with like 1 inch of distilled vinegar. Then i took a brand new sponge ( or new rag) and scrubbed all sides and top a bunch of times with it. Then shut the top and shoot it like it owed me money for a couple minutes. Washed out with distilled water, and did it again. Then I dumped all the water out and let it air dry in the sun for a couple days and zero smell! Gonna be doing the same to my wineador but obviously just by scrubbing some vinegar with a towel on the insides. When the vinegar evaporates it leaves no odor at all

I am working on my first tupperdore ever right now. Picked up a mid sized rubbermaid roughneck. I cleaned it out last night with a few tours of dish soap, hot water rinses and there wasn't anything noticable. But I closed it up and when I get home from work I will check and probably do a once over with baking soda and another rinse.

On a similar topic I picked up a big brick of wet floral oasis. I got a bottle of PG coming in today or tomorrow but I am not sure what size I should cut the floral oasis. I am doing a real getto job on this tupperdore. The size of the rubbermaid is around 24x16x16.5 in I'd say.