New lens came in the mail

Before I found out about the wonderful world of cigars, I was very interested in photography. It kind of came to a halt since most of my funds were going to cigars and I couldn't afford 2 expensive hobbies at once. Now that I have a decent stash of cigars, I am finding myself getting back into photography.

I sold off my second body and a few lenses that were just collecting dust, and bought a macro lens. I realized I needed one of these when I couldn't take up close and detailed shots with my other lenses. After playing around with my new macro lens, I am in awe of what it can do. Here are a couple of test shots I took while just playing with my new toy last night.

(For the photography people, I just bought a Canon 100mm f2.8L Macro IS lens. These shots were taken with my 5D mark II using a 430EX II flash.)

8614873393_25d39bed60_b.jpg

8615979666_c660163751_b.jpg

8615979054_e045e73395_b.jpg

Before I found out about the wonderful world of cigars, I was very interested in photography. It kind of came to a halt since most of my funds were going to cigars and I couldn't afford 2 expensive hobbies at once. Now that I have a decent stash of cigars, I am finding myself getting back into photography.

I sold off my second body and a few lenses that were just collecting dust, and bought a macro lens. I realized I needed one of these when I couldn't take up close and detailed shots with my other lenses. After playing around with my new macro lens, I am in awe of what it can do. Here are a couple of test shots I took while just playing with my new toy last night.

(For the photography people, I just bought a Canon 100mm f2.8L Macro IS lens. These shots were taken with my 5D mark II using a 430EX II flash.)

8614873393_25d39bed60_b.jpg

8615979666_c660163751_b.jpg

8615979054_e045e73395_b.jpg

I got the same two hobbies and in the same chronological order :) I also happen to own the same lens, but have yet to combine both hobbies. Nice pics BTW !