What is your 3 month Electricity bill?

We are on equal billing and pay CAD130.00 a month.We live in a townhouse at 1800sqft.Our payment includes water as well.

No matter how you look at it,it all comes down to missmanagement from the utilities.When I was still working in construction I had to deal with some of those yahoos and how wastefull they are.I could tell you stories about that how the work and we all have to pay for that stupidity.

@ OzCuban

How much of that disparity comes from taxes levied by the government on the utilities? The actual cost of the power may be much lower, but the total cost may increase significantly because of taxation. Any info on that?

It's 84 € monthly down payment for electricity here for a household of 2, large 100 sq m flat, mostly we get money back or it evens out.

Of course : a/c is no issue here :-) ... more important is the heating, but that is covered in other bills.

And price has gone up a lot.

Since Germany stopped nuclear power plants we will be buying energy from the neighbours - with less safer plants ... crazy.

Brother lives in a 4 year old home, no pool.. air con all the time.. lives with his girlfriend currently.. his bill was 1500. :P Here in Adelaide I think our last elec bill was around 800-900? Two adults, no pool, air con half the time, lots of media stuff. computer, speakers, console.

Rob and Trevor you guys are def being FITA..That is outrageous..Bi monthly bills here. Last one $285. Aircon etc etc . My wife generally leaves every light in the house on as well ...why ?

Rob and Trevor you guys are def being FITA..That is outrageous..Bi monthly bills here. Last one $285. Aircon etc etc . My wife generally leaves every light in the house on as well ...why ?

Exactly mate ,what is it with wives and light switches .....

My bills in Brisbane are roughly $300 per quarter. Two adults, no kids, a *** dog (very high maintenance often requires blow drying when wet etc). One of the adults has hair that requires washing and straightening nearly daily, and we also run a load a day at least in the washing machine. She also leaves every light on. However...... no pool, and rarely use the aircon.

ps. I also have a 30 bottle thermoelectric wine fridge running 24/7 with my stogies nice and happy.

I reckon it's your pool and aircon Rob!

My quarterly electricity bill is about $1200, but after I installed a 5.4Kw solar system 3 years ago, now I get paid instead.

Still, we got royally shafted in Aus for our utilities. After saving and reducing our water consumption, are rates are going up because consumption is down! So either save water and pay more for it, or waste it and pay less (well, not really since they won't be reducing rates).