When the news isn't about you, but may change your life eventually.

Reports like this will not be making your ability to relax with a cigar any easier.

"cigar companies offering cheap and sweet cigars ... have been major lures for teens. The group faulted a loophole in which the Food and Drug Administration does not regulate cigars and so the industry, unlike cigarette makers, is permitted to bypass a 2009 law banning candy and fruit-flavored cigarettes.

While smoking rates have seen overall declines in the past decade, the group said cigar sales have doubled in the past 10 years."

BS, all the way down. See generally http://tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.com/2012/03/fda-press-statement-on-surgeon-generals.html. This is the oldest trope in the book; don't sell flavored smokes because johnny who's trying to act cool will want to buy one that tastes like the laffy taffy he ate in second grade. Not that I give a cowpoop.gif whether we have flavored smokes, but the extent to which we are lied to by the leadership class is really sad. What's more sad is that some people still believe it. no.gif

On the flipside, I have seen more younger folks taking up cigars,

even some kids in college I work with think its pretty cool I smoke cigars and like to partake.

There is a new wave of cigars smokers, and young ADULTS like to catch a wave.

I say stock up brothers while you can on the good stuff and store them correctly.

If and when the FDA gets a hold of the industry things are going change dramatically.

What is the worse that could happen...

You have some great aged cigars and you bought them prior to the latest price or tax increase!

Thank god they dont regulate or tax our illegal CCs.

You don't think the federales are regulating the CCs? Hmm... I'll agree they're not directly taxing them, but they're most certainly being regulated by them. Regulated right into illegality. Illegalness? Illegalicity? Well... you know what I mean. :)

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Yeah... except they're both part of the national gov't. The federales. So there. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I say stock up brothers while you can on the good stuff and store them correctly.

If and when the FDA gets a hold of the industry things are going change dramatically.

What is the worse that could happen...

You have some great aged cigars and you bought them prior to the latest price or tax increase!

Thank god they dont regulate or tax our illegal CCs.

This is what I was referencing as I replied right after this post. Show me where I said the federal government doesn't regulate Cuban cigars. :P