Tragedy: Need Computer Guru Help

Cheers all....much appreciated.

I will be away fro a few hours this morning as I seek a repair (no wreless still) and a new Laptop (just in case).

Will keep going on e-mails until it freezes up again ok.gif

......I must say I could have used a double scotch and soda yesterday afternoon around 3pm rotfl.gif

Don't know if you saw the shout but I left my Kobo reader on the plane coming back from Montreal. So no repair there for being a forgetful loser!

New Kindle Fire (not available in Canada) Kobo hd, blah blah...

Matthew in Chicago today. Going for the iPad mini. I use this reader about 2 hours a day.

More computer for the $$.

The problem is not with the computer it's with the user.

What do you do with a young child around important electrical equipment??? You say "Don't touch, very expensive it is only for adults." Well this is the same thing when dealing with Ayala, you have all seen the latest video review, do I need to say any more?

If you have been around here long enough you will know that this is all part of his childish attention seeking pattern. There was the time he punched his computer and broke it, or the time he threw the new one over the balcony and wondered why it stopped working, or the iPad that he threw up against the wall. Do see guys, an attention seeker!!!!!

Guys do you all realise who you are giving all these instructions to????? He asked for a mouse yesterday afternoon...no reason given. I found a cordless one and gave it to him. Then he says "is there batteries in it " I don't knowconfused.gif

So then he says "how do you open it, there are arrows there, is that the way you open it ?" Needless to say we both couldn't open it to see if there were batteries in it. By this stage I could see the mouse flying over the deck but to his credit he walked away with it never to be seen again, Rob or the mouse.

Anyway this morning he comes back in like a child with a new toyclap.gif He is now the proud owner of a brand new computer but we will see what tomorrow brings lost.gif

The problem is not with the computer it's with the user.

Ah. Yes. We call those PEBKAC errors. Or sometime ID10T errors. Either way, one of the nastier errors you can encounter. :)

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Will be back on deck today spotlight.gif

Our networking guru Lester is in to migrate the files and connect the laptop to the server. Yes...I tried...gave-up rotfl.gif

Looked at a lot of the recommendations on this thread for a new laptop (I will have the old one repaired).

In the end I went for a Dell XPS 12. It has too few ports (port extension solves this) and some limitations (no SD card slot) that I can live with but It has plenty of power, and I loved playing with the flip slate top that is easy to use and responsive. The keyboard is a dream for an Ultrabook.

In the end I can throw it in my bag, use it as a tablet, use it as a laptop, has a SSD to take the knocks, built well.

So close to purchasing the Apple Air 13# Retina. If I was hell bent on replacing my Apple 4Gs with another apple I may have done so....but my next phone is unlikely to be an Iphone. Still, a magnificent computer.

Cheers for all your help!

El Pres