Anaheim & New Jersey

Hello Everybody,

I'll be going to Anaheim and New Jersey from the 8th March onwards. 2 days in Anaheim and 2 days in New Jersey. I was hoping for some tips what to do and where to eat and more importantly where to buy and smoke cigars. I will not bring any Cubans with me, don't want to take unnecessary risk at Customs and Immigration check. Thank you all.

Zain/Zinzan

Can't really answer your question, but visiting both coasts like that? Nicely done! You should see about getting in a hockey game in both towns. That would be sweet. :)

Cheers,

Greg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I don't know about Anaheim however, NY and NJ are not particularly cigar friendly states. In NJ, the one place that I do enjoy is JR Cigars in Whippany, NJ on Route 10. They have a really nice cigar lounge as well as a great NC selection. Jersey is a big state, what city will you be in?

Greg, I am going there for work and the schedule seems hectic, in between the jet lag (its a 23 hour flight), honestly i dont know whether i'll be doing anything at all other than work.

pwhite, I keep forgetting how big the US is, i'll be in Newark.

Greg, I am going there for work and the schedule seems hectic, in between the jet lag (its a 23 hour flight), honestly i dont know whether i'll be doing anything at all other than work.

pwhite, I keep forgetting how big the US is, i'll be in Newark.

If you're going to be in Newark, New York City is extremely close. Might go into the city if you feel like. If you have your heart set on NJ, I can let you know of a few places (very good Portuguese food in Newark).

If you're going to be in Newark, New York City is extremely close. Might go into the city if you feel like. If you have your heart set on NJ, I can let you know of a few places (very good Portuguese food in Newark).

A friend of mine is building a hotel in Anaheim. He is a member here although he does not post much anymore. He is a member of a club there that he likes and I will inquire with him about the name and the location of the establishment.

If you wish to email me your times and dates, he may just want to have a smoke with you as well. He is a dear friend of mine, a jovial fellow, cigar enthusiast and general lunatic!

Cheers. -Piggy

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks piggy for the kind offer, I'm really touched this is why FOH is the best cigar forum bar none.

Sadly though my travelling plans have changed. I will not be goin to the US.

Again thank you all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sadly though my travelling plans have changed. I will not be goin to the US.

But you are still going to New Jersey?

No question, JR Cigar in Whippany. They boast the largest walk in humidor in the US. It's the size if a football field. I will take a pic from inside and post it. They serve food and booze, always a plus.

But you are still going to New Jersey?

No, i'm not my boss is going instead. I was kind of glad cuz i thought i dont have to do the work post trip but then i realised, i still have to do it after he comes back. Ahhhh the life of the lowly employee.