An explanation for my absence

Hey Everyone,

I haven't really been around since the end of October and beginning of November. Figured I owe an explanation for not really contributing to anything for the last few months.

Basically my life kinda went to hell and I've spent the last months getting it put back together.

The end of September, my wife ruined a perfectly good episode of Family Guy by telling me she wants a divorce. The upside is we don't have kids and don't own a house or anything of real value. After the shock from being blindsided by that wore off, I just packed my stuff and was outta there like a fat kid in dodgeball.

If you remember I went to F1 in Austin in November, the only reason I went was we (ex-wife and I) paid for everything over a year ago. I went with my brother and it was a blast. It really helped me get over everything going on. It also helps that he's going through the same stuff and has been there for me.

I also had some health issues not related to smoking (thank you anti smoking nazi's) that I had to deal with. I personally think my ex bought a voodoo doll and was just going to town on the thing.

That pretty much brings me up to date. Still paying an arm and a leg for the divorce lawyer and enjoying fine cigars and just bought a bottle of Oban 14 that I've been digging into.

One other note my new girlfriend is hotter than my ex wife so that makes a lot of everything way better :D

Tim

Hi Tim,

I am very sorry to hear about your recent "life events". Like Shlomo said, you don't owe anyone anything here, but I am sure the consensus is that we are glad to have you back and hope that this "home" can help the healing process.

Best wishes moving forward,

Curtiss

Been there, done that, bought the damned tshirt shop, not just the tshirt.

Take it one day at a time, remember your family and friends are what's important.

Be well

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=19.307681,-81.379080

Wow that's a lot to handle but it sounds like you have the right attitude. New girlfriend sounds great but does she like the Family Guy. wink2.gif

Excellent!

Sounds like you're out of the tunnel mate, the best of luck to you.

Shame the only people who benefit are lawyers....

I recommend a book called Crazy Time by Abigail Trafford. It helped me navigate the process of divorce and recovery. I am not much for self help books but this is a good one and helped me aggregate my fecal matter, so to speak. Good luck!

The advice (2cents please) I can give is, what the Prez said, stay civil, don't prolong a fight to keep your ego up

(only the lawyers win in a divorce), give up what's not yours and even give a little more just to get it over with,

its just stuff, deal with it as simply and expedicious as you can and move the frick on. Oh, and hide your cigars.

After years and thousands of dollars in lawyers (not my doing), I sat her down at the farm table with a bottle of wine,

bit the bullet and we settled it right there, went to a mediator a few days later to have the papers drawn up

and couple hundred bucks later it was done. Why didnt I think of that 3 years earlier!!?!

I have never been so happy as I am now and I wish I would have been here sooner and not wasted so much damn time and money.

Best of luck to you.

Faster the better! Been there too. I wrote a check, she left... God bless her!

Take care of your health. The attitudes and opinions of others, while you can affect them, you cannot change them unilaterally. Better to split now, without the kids and the house than after.

I always say look to fix yourself before others. Unfortunately it is a minority position! Chin up mate. -Piggy

Thanks for all the kind thoughts everyone. I pretty much did what stargazer said and just gave a little extra to keep her happy. So far so good. We are civil enough at this point we are going through a mediator to work everything out.