Off to Havana...2 questions for the havana-philes.....

Hey all. Off to Varadero and then onto Havana for 2 days with my girlfriend and our wonderful cuban friend Jorge. It will be the second time into la habana with Jorge and what a pleasure it is having such good people help experience their cities and country! Now bearing in mind I'm going with my girlfriend......I have two questions for the panel..........1) If you had one night in Havana, what would you do to experience the city and have a great night? Dinner and a jazz club.....or cristal and the patio at Hotel Nationale...or something else? (looking for non-tourista options from those who know the city better and some recommendations and what you would do!) And 2) Is the a trip to Club Habana LCDH a must outside of the regulars in Old Havana? (made it to av. 5 y calle 16 last time in Miramar). Its out of the way and curious as to the panels favorites !

Thanks group.

Kind regards from Cold Canada,

Pilsner14....aka Joel

Joel

First night out.

Go to the inside bar in the Nacional. Look for Carlos. Tell him you are a mate of Rob Ayala. Experience the best Pina Colada and Mojitos in Havana.

Go to dinner at La Terraza Prado 309 (537) 862-3626

Head to El Gato Tuerto nightclub about 11pm (head out the gates of the Nacional, turn right...200m down the road on the left hand side) Goues to about 4-5am.

I Wouldn't worry about av. 5 y calle 16.

If you have a half day, head to Partagas, ask for Hamlet, pick up a few customs...and go to lunch at El Templete.

Ave. del Puerto esq. Narciso Lopez | Old Havana, Havana, Cuba

537 866-8807

Order the Tapas selection, Octopus, Jamon, Calamares en Tinta.. Plenty of crusty bread and a bottle of wine. Smoke your cigars there at the table.

Enjoy!

Rob

Head to El Gato Tuerto nightclub about 11pm (head out the gates of the Nacional, turn right...200m down the road on the left hand side) Goues to about 4-5am.

Don't forget to ask for Elvis and find out how Rob's watch is doing! jester.gif

Joel

First night out.

Go to the inside bar in the Nacional. Look for Carlos. Tell him you are a mate of Rob Ayala. Experience the best Pina Colada and Mojitos in Havana.

Go to dinner at La Terraza Prado 309 (537) 862-3626

I Wouldn't worry about av. 5 y calle 16.

If you have a half day, head to Partagas, ask for Hamlet, pick up a few customs...and go to lunch at El Templete.

Ave. del Puerto esq. Narciso Lopez | Old Havana, Havana, Cuba

537 866-8807

Order the Tapas selection, Octopus, Jamon, Calamares en Tinta.. Plenty of crusty bread and a bottle of wine. Smoke your cigars there at the table.

Enjoy!

Rob

Absolutely agree you should eat upstairs at 309 Prada, awesome restaurant.

Rob has great recommendations... the Prado restaurant is great. Chilling at the Partagas LCDH shooting the shite with Hamlet while having a good smoke would be a good time. Make sure to tell him Rob and the FOH crew sent ya.

I will add though, since your girlfriend will be with, you might want to consider going out to Club Habana. It is far out so you need to weigh that with other things you are doing. But, the compound is amazing and your girl can have a little beach/sun time while you enjoy a nicely aged cigar or Monsdale that you just got in the LCDH shop. Just make sure to tell the guard you are there for the cigar shop and you won't have to pay to get in. But if you are on limited time, might not be worth going out.

head to Partagas, ask for Hamlet

Rob,

Is Hamlet working full time up in Partagas with Rene now....I knew he was drafted in to help roll the Encuentro cigars, but I suppose they're a bit short staffed up there this year since Tamara, Kiki & Odalys left.